Chapter 62

Fanfic: Empire Ch 62, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: Sooooo sorry it's taken me this long to update! This isn't my best chapter, at least i don't think it's my best, but whatever, i really wanted to finish this episode. The fashion show episode is next and I've got BIG plans for it! Lot's of cute, sexy, Chuck and Lux moments!

Chapter 62

Lux's Point of View

Blair and I decided to just ditch school after our meeting with Catherine and Marcus; the day was practically shot anyway. We ended up downtown for a Bea Miller pop up concert in the boroughs. It was insanely amazing and exactly what B needed to get her mind off of everything, after finding out about Marcus and his "mommy issues" Blair deserved a mental health day. We sang along with every single song and accepted drinks as they appeared with just the single flip of our hair, getting our buzz on for the rest of the afternoon. Cut me down, but I won't fall. I'm not a paper doll! We belted all the way home stumbling over our own feet laughing as we got out of the cab.

Right now, with the pounding headache I have, having all those drinks don't seem like such a bright idea, especially now that I'm sitting here on the sofa trying to plan out the charity fashion show that will take place after Eleanor's event coming up at Fashion Week. My mother was a prominent member of the American Cancer Society, since her passing they haven't found anyone to fill her slot, a slot that I would be more than thrilled to fill. My mother loved to do anything she could to help people and doing this makes me feel slightly closer to her in some strange cosmic way.

So, I convinced Eleanor to allow me to take over the runway after her event and host a small charity auction. A few of her high end pieces are sold, money is raised for an excellent cause, and I look good for the representative coming to attend the event. Eleanor will receive loads of PR making her look even better than she already does and it looks spectacular on my college applications.

I placed Eleanor's look book down on the coffee table and lied back on the sofa for a few minutes trying to stop the elephant from trampling my brain. I needed to pick out the pieces that would be modeled and auctioned off and clear it with Eleanor.

The elevator doors dinged as I lied on the sofa in the sitting room with a throw pillow over my face, blocking the light from the late evening sun as it shined through the drapes. It was most likely Nate anyway; he could walk himself through the foyer without getting lost or at least I hoped he could.

"Rough day?" Nate said a little too loudly for my liking at the moment, as I peeked my eyes out from beneath the pillow to see him staring down at me, his face mere inches from my own. I moaned and shoved his face away from my own gently as I sat up cautiously, tossing the pillow at him while he chuckled amused.

"You know I hate when you do that. It's creepy!" I grumbled as he smirked at me. I shook my head and stood up, feeling the effects of the alcohol still in my system.

"Duh, that's why I do it." He challenged back at me, attempting to hit me with the pillow again. It took me back to when we were kids and I'd sleep over at Nate's and we'd have endless pillow fights in his room. Anne and the Captain would have to threaten to kill us so we would stop and go to sleep. I knocked the pillow away with my hand as he flopped down on the sofa.

"Where's Blair? And what was so important that we couldn't discuss it over the phone?" Nate questioned me just as Blair strode into the sitting room. She seemed absolutely fine with the alcohol she'd consumed earlier as she smiled deviously at Nate. I on the other hand was a complete lightweight apparently. I wanted the grand piano in the corner of the room to stop swaying.

"Archibald, some things need to be handled in person." Blair stated matter-of-factly as Nate rose to his feet to meet her. It was an awkward scene unfolding before me. I don't think Nate and Blair have really spoken to one another since the Bass Wedding at the beginning of summer break.