Chapter 42

Nash Grier's P.O.V.

*earlier today*
Cam and I have been planning my trip to North Carolina for Evelyn's birthday for weeks. I knew she would be upset to spend her birthday with only her family so I'm going to visit her for two days and then come back on tour.

We asked Bart if it was okay and he agreed. He understood where we were coming from so he allowed it. I'm packing one bag for tomorrow since I'm leaving one day after Evelyn's birthday in the morning.

"Hey Nash I think what you and Cameron are doing is going to make Evelyn's birthday. I'm glad she has you as her boyfriend." Connor tells me while in the lobby.

"Thanks Connor. I'm really nervous though because I'm also asking Evelyn is she will go on tour with us." I say fidgeting with my hands. I feel Connor put his hand on my shoulder. I calm down a little.

"Nash we both know Evelyn. She will decide for what's best for herself even if it means staying in North Carolina and not going on tour with us." Connor says sympathetically. I know he is hurting too. Him and Evelyn have gotten closer as friends and it's killing him that she's not here. I know exactly how he feels but much worse.

"I know but that's what I'm nervous about. That she'll say no and move on and forget about me." I look at the floor.

"Evelyn will never forget about you Nash. She's not that type of person." Connor says. I give him a friendly hug and say goodbye to the other guys. My car is outside awaiting my arrival and so is my plane. I thank Cameron and Bart again and leave. The car ride only takes 10 minutes while the plane ride takes 6 since we are in Texas now.

When I landed I texted Evelyn's mom saying that I would be at her house in about half an hour. She told me that Evelyn was out with her cousin Brooke. I am confused because Evelyn has never told me or introduced me to her cousin Brooke before.

I hail a taxi and tell him the address of Evelyn's house.

N: I'm heading to her house now. Wish me luck.
C: You're going to do great.
N: I'm so nervous to ask her man. I'm afraid she'll say no. You know what I mean.
C: Yeah I do but don't be. I'm sure she'll say yes.
N: Ur probably right.
C: Of course I am. I'm Cameron Dallas.
N: I'm pulling up to her house now.
C: Good luck Nash.
N: Thanks Cam.

I step out of the taxi and Evelyn calls.

-ring ring ring-

N: Hi Evy.
E: Hey Nash.
N: I miss you so much.
E: I do too. Only three more months of your tour left and then it's just you and me for a few days.
N: Yeah about that. I've been meaning to talk to you.
E: Okay what about.
N: Well our tour has been scheduled for five months instead and we only get two days off and I planned on spending them with my family.
E: Oh
N: Evy
E: It's totally cool Nash. I understand. You haven't seen them in months. I'm only you're girlfriend and family comes first.
N: I can ask my mom to see if you can come over.
E: No Nash please don't do that. I don't want to intrude. I already have so much going on its fine. I mean it.
N: No you don't. Please stay strong for me. I love you.
E: I love you too Nash. So do you know what day it is?
N: Yeah it's a Saturday.
E: Yeah I was just checking because I forgot.
N: Evelyn I have to go.

I feel terrible not telling her happy birthday but that's what I have to do to surprise her. I walk to the door. I texted Evelyn's mom so I didn't have to ring the doorbell. I didn't want her knowing anyone was at the door. I have a dozen red roses and a promise ring.

"Nash. I'm so glad you're here. Evelyn has been so sad lately without you." Evelyn's mom says hugging me. Her dads walks up to me and shakes my hand.