Chapter 3

Evelyn's P.O.V.

I am drinking my strawberry lemonade. It is actually quit good. I check my phone. It's 3:45. School gets out at 3:30. He should be here by now. I turn around to check the door when I see him walking in. I smile because you know, I can't help it when I see him.

I'm actually not mad at him for the whole food thing at the field because he didn't plan that to happen. The way he apologized was so cute. The little twinkle in his eye was such an attractive thing. I didn't want him to speak because I wanted to get to know him better since I don't know him at all. I know I'm basing him off of looks but he seems like a nice guy.

He pauses when I smile. Am I intimidating him. I hope not! Omg I'm scaring him aren't I. Shit.

I get up and walk over to him since he doesn't seem to be getting any closer.

"Hi!" I say quirky. I'm so excited. I extend my hand.

"Hey. Sorry about before I never meant for that to happen." He says while shaking my hand. I don't know why but he he was a welcoming feel to him.

"Come over here. I have a booth already." I motion for him to follow me and he does. We walk to our booth. I sit down. He sits across from me.

I still don't even know his name.

"I'm Evelyn by the way." I say just to get that out of the way. I'm usually a very good speaker but with him I'm nervous. I don't know why. I don't get like this.

"Oh. I know. I'm Nash by the way." He says. He is so shy...wait did he say he already knew me! Yay! But how?

"So how do you me Nash?" I ask. Just saying his name feels weird. It's such an unusual but easy name to say. When I ask him this he starts to blush. It's really cute.

"Um...when you went to change with your friend. My friends kind of attacked me, asking all these questions about you. They told me your name. I actually never knew you before today to be honest." I am sad he doesn't know me.

"Yeah. I didn't know you before today either." I say while giggling.

We start to talk when our waitress comes over.

"Hi. My name is Lucy. I will be your server today. Would you like to start with drinks or would you like to order now?" Lucy asks.

"I would the classic Sonia's salad with ceased dressing please." I request. She writes it down.

"Anything for you cutie?" She asks Nash. I get a wave of jealousy. I stare off like it's not bothering me so Nash doesn't notice.

"I'm fine. Thank you. But can you get two chocolate chip cookies please. I don't want to make a bad impression on this beautiful girl here." Nash says. The girl gets flushed red and writes down the order while practically stomping away. I get a sense of security knowing she won't come back to flirt with him.

"So what was that about. Do girls usually hit on you like that? " I ask while drinking my strawberry lemonade.

"Sometimes but not really. I mean who would want to go out with me?" He says. That's terrible that he doesn't think he's not good enough for a girl.

"That's not true." I blurt out. He starts to smile.

"Oh really now? Why is that?" He asks intrigued.

"Well. You are very attractive, you have a nice smile, you're athletic, your personality is perfect and you know how act on a date." I tell him. Wait did I say date. Crap!

"Wait you think this is a date? And you think I'm very attractive? You leave more to known about you them you let on Evelyn." Nash just looks at me after saying this. I look away not wanting to make eye contact out of embarrassment.

I look at my phone. It's 4:00. I have to go soon.

"Nash I'm sorry to be a buzz kill but I have to leave. Maybe I will see you around school sometime. Here's my number just so you have it." I take his phone and put in my number with my contact name as '🌸Evelyn🌸'. I text him just so he knows it's me.

"Thank you for this wonderful food. Bye." I wave with my fingers not my hand. I act causal and sexy at the same time. I leave and squeal with excitement.