Chapter 38

Evelyn's P.O.V.

Since Nash left a month ago my life has changed drastically. Between high school, college and my blog. I've never been more stressed in my life. I have been studying for finals and my AP tests all year. I've been cramping in extra credit and essays. My college essays have been done since the beginning of September but I've edited them basically every chance I get.

I miss Nash but I've been preoccupied lately so I haven't been paying all of my attention on him which is good because if i was then I'd be moping everywhere since he left. I love Nash with all of my heart but I will have no future for myself or with him if I don't put all of my heart into my school work and nothing else. I need 5 on all of my AP tests. I need to submit my college applications.

I haven't had any time to think of my birthday. I've also been studying for my drivers test today. Today is February 19. Two days before my birthday and 11 days until Nash has been gone a month.

My cousin Brooke, brookeespinosa, came to our house this month and asked if she could live with us for the time being. Her parents had been killed in a car accident when she was only a year old so she's been floating between orphanages. My parents told her she can stay here as long as she likes. Like the rest of the girls in my family, she is gorgeous.

Brooke is the same age as me and is as intelligent as me. We've been studying together and working together. We are partners for everything. Our rooms are right next to each other. We are practically sisters.

I look at my phone. It's 11:00 AM. Shit my driving test starts at 11:30 and it's almost 30 minutes away. I call down to my driver right away and we race there. We get there right at 11:29 and I run inside. My mentor is Mrs. Huckleberry. She takes me to a room and hands me a test and a pen.

"This is the written test. You will have as long as you like to complete it. There are a total of 160 questions. Once you are finished. Leave the paper where it is and walk to the front of the building. There will be a black car which I will be inside of. That will be the second and last part of your drivers test.

"Okay thank you." I say to Mrs. Huckleberry as she leaves the room. I sit down and start the test. Every question I answered was so easy. I've been studying for this test since freshman year. I feel confident in the written part but the driving. I'm not so sure.

I finish the written test in an hour and a half. I looked over every question 3 times and left the room heading towards the main exit. I left my test there just like I was told to. I walk outside and I see the black car. I walk towards it and get inside.

"Hello Mrs. Huckleberry." I saw buckling my seat belt.

"Hello Miss Evelyn. Today you will be doing different tasks. You may begin." She says. I nod my head in response. I do everything my book said to. I bucked my seatbelt. I fixed my rear view mirror. I checked to see if anyone was behind me. I put the car into drive and I pull out. We ride around for about 30 minutes. I get tested on yield signs, stop sings, red lights, pedestrians crossing, school crossing, speed limits, parallel parking and a lot of other stuff. I park in front of the driving school and put the car into Park. I get out and heave a sigh of relief.

"That was quite excellent I might say Miss Evelyn. I wouldn't be surprised if you get your drivers license today." Mrs. Huckleberry says. I have to wait a few minutes for my scores to be processed. If I pass I get my drivers license today which means my picture. I am wearing a long grey sweater with a large black sweater over it, my white, grey, black snowflake patterned leggings, long grey ugg boots, and a grey scarf. I have my hair in a fishtail braid. I don't have much makeup on but I still look presentable.

"Excuse me. Miss Evelyn can you please come to the front desk for a moment please." The front desk women asks. I get up from my seat, grab my bag and walk to the front desk.

"Miss Evelyn?" The lady asks.

"Yes that's me." I say smiling.

"Okay great. I need you to go to the room over there. We need your picture for your license." She says directing me towards the room at the end of the hallway.

"Wait I passed!" I squeal.

"Did you pass? You got a perfect score on both." She says. I jump with joy and make my way to the room. They tell me to put my stuff down. I sit in front of the camera and they take 3 pictures. I have to wait another 15 minutes for my picture to be printed. I just have to fill out a few forms stating my birthday, my name, and other stuff. I hand it to the lady and take my seat.

It's 3:00 in the afternoon when my drivers license comes out.

"Congratulations. You are able to drive on your own now." The man says who gives me my drivers license. I thank Mrs. Huckleberry and everyone else in the building and leave. I call my driver and he gets me.

"So Miss Evelyn what is your result." Markus asks, my driver.

"I passed with flying colors. A perfect score on both tests." I say climbing into the front showing him my license.

"Whoop-Whoop!" Markus says as he "raises the roof". We drive back to my house. I unlock the door and no one is inside. I immediately go to the fridge with my fat ass that I am. I open it and I get jumped on.

"So. So. Tell me what happened Eve." Brooke says tackling me to the ground. We end up having a tickle fight forever. I eventually win and I help her up.

"Why don't I just show you." I say taking out my license from my wallet. She grabs it and I laugh.

"Omg. It's so shiny. Why must you look perfect in every picture? I mean look at how sexy that is." Brooke says pointing to my picture.

"Hey. It's a family thing. You're sexy too Brooke." We laugh.

"Come on Evelyn. I want to snap you something." Brooke says grabbing my hand and dragging me through the house.

"Where are we going?" I whine.

"You'll see. Just close your eyes when I say so okay." Brooke says.

"Sure." I say letting her drag me. Soon we get to a door. I don't even know what door since she dragged me through the whole first floor.

"Close your eyes now." Brooke says. I close my eyes and she takes my hand. I hear a door open and Brooke leads me inside. She lets go.

"Surprise!" I here someone yell. I open my eyes and see my mom, dad and Brooke standing by two cars.

"Mom, dad are these my cars?" I say excitedly.

"They are now. Since you did so well on your drivers test we thought we would surprise you. One for the written and one for the driving part." My mom says hugging me.

"I helped her pick them out of course. I thought my baby girl would want to ride in style." My dad says joining the hug and kissing my forehead.

"I thought of the surprise. I helped a bit." Brooke says standing awkwardly by the cars.

"Come here Brooke." I say grabbing her. We all have a group hug. After we let go I get a better look at my new cars.

"You got me a black 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder and a white 2015 Ferrari LaFerrari. These are two of the most expensive sports cars in the world." I say in disbelief.

"Anything for our princess. We also have another surprise for you for your birthday that you're going to love." My mom says.

"I can't wait. Anything from you guys I would love. I'm so happy I have you three as my family." I say hugging them.

"Hey mom. I don't know why but I feel like a decorating room. Can I redecorate my room?" I ask.

"Anything for you sweetie. Brooke would you like to redecorate your room too?" My mom asks.

"Are you serious Auntie C?" Brooke says in disbelief.

"Of course. Go online or go the store and buy whatever you like. Think of it as an early birthday present."  Mom says to us smiling. Brooke and I look at each other and race upstairs. We run to my room. I grab my computer. I have the MacBook Air 11". It's so old.