Chapter 34

Evelyn's P.O.V.

*a few moments before*

"Evelyn, honey it's time." My grandma says.

"It's time for what?" Asking curiously.

"To wake up." John-John says.

"You're ready Evelyn." My grandma says helping me stand up.

"But I don't want to though. I miss you guys." I say staring to tear up in my eyes. A tear trickles down my face onto my lip.

"Sweetie you have to choose. You can stay with us and be happy or you can go back to earth to be with your friends, family and boyfriend but you will have to encounter the good and the bad things." She says bringing me to my hospital bed. I look at myself. I'm lifeless and ugly. I glance to the side and see Nash. I listen to everything he says. I can't leave him here suddenly without warning, it would break his heart and my family they would be lost without me. I make my decision.

"I'm going back. I love you so much and I'm going to miss you even more but can't leave them. They need me too much and I need them. I'm not ready yet." I say looking at my grandma and brother.

"We will always be with you, always watching over you." John-John says. I hug them and close my eyes. I feel the transition from spirit to human. I feel the pain and heaviness of my body. I slowly lift my heavy eyelids which is really hard to do. I wake up to Nash saying I love you. I turn toward him and wipe away his tear.

"I love you too Nash." I say smiling at him weakly. I use all of my strength for him.

"EVELYN!" He yells engulfing me and the next thing I know everyone is running in to check on Nash. I giggly silently. No one can hear me because I have no energy so it's just a whisper now.

"What the hell Nash why are you yelling?" I hear Kian say. I look up at Nash and he's smiling. I missed his smile. It could always brighten my days.

"It's Evelyn. She's awake." Nash says stepping out of the way so they could see me.

"Hi guys." I say waving slowly. Mahogany and my parents were the first ones to hug me and kiss me. My mom especially. Then the guys came and well they basically attacked me with hugs. They all stated rambling about so much stuff I couldn't tell the difference from one thing to the next. "What day is it?" I ask looking around. There are balloons, flowers, gifts and a mini Christmas tree.

"It's Christmas Evelyn. You've been asleep for over 2 full weeks." Connor says. I start to cry.

"Evelyn why are you crying?" Carter asks me.

"I missed Nash's birthday. I had a present for him." I say quietly. Nash walks over to me and sits next to me. I see his cast. I almost forgot that he broke his leg.

"Evelyn it's fine. I knew that we wouldn't be able to be together on my birthday but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate Christmas. I have a present for you. Okay." Hey says smiling. He kisses my forehead and Hayes hands him a small square box wrapped in Christmas emoji wrapping paper. Nash gives it to me.

"This is for you. I thought you would like it." Nash says. I try to rip the paper but I'm still too weak and Nash sees so he helps me.

"Thank you Nash." I smile faintly at him. I open the box and inside there is an amethyst crystal necklace. It is my birth stone.

"I figured since you couldn't be here on my birthday that I would give you something from yours." Nash says looking me in the eyes. I don't even respond. I just look back into his light blue eyes. I could get lost in them forever but instead I take my hand and wrap it around his neck slowly drawing his face to mine and our lips connect. Fireworks went off. It was unlike anything I've ever felt before. I felt connected with Nash. A feeling I've never had before. It was different but a good different. We part and I'm guessing Nash felt it too by the goofy grin on his face.