Chapter 41

Evelyn's P.O.V.

I jump out of my bed and take a shower. It's only 8:00 AM but it's my 17 birthday. I'm so excited. I go in the shower. I wash my hair and my body. I shave my arms, legs and armpits. I get out and dry myself. My Shower Playlist has been going off since I woke up. I dance into my room and choose a light brown knit sweater, a mid-thigh length skirt, cat knee high socks, my black watch, black and brown heel boots and a cute black hat. I decide to add my Harry Potter glasses for fun. I get my curling iron and use it to make beach waves. I do a cat eye and contour my face. I choose a dark red lipstick and walk out of my bathroom looking fierce.

When I'm done admiring myself in the mirror and finish taking selfies it's noon.

"HAPPY 17 BIRTHDAY EVELYN!" Brooke yells walking into my room fully dressed with multiple boxes in her hands.

"Aw thank you Brooke. What are these?" I ask already knowing they're my gifts.

"Your birthday gifts. I'm so excited for you to open them. Go ahead and see what I got you." Brooke says sitting down on my bed. She puts 8 boxes in front of me. I opened them randomly. The first box was the light purple life proof case I was eyeing on Amazon. The second box was the space keyboard covers I also wanted. The third box was a container of every Pink perfume in the store. The fourth box was a Gold Polaroid camera. The fifth was gift cards to 30 of my favorite stores. The sixth one was two car keychains, one was a best friend one and the other was a Nash Grier keychain. The seventh was a framed picture of me and Brooke the first day she came to our house. The eighth was VIP Stage Access tickets to 5SOS.

"Brooke! How much money did you spend on me? I love this. This is so amazing!" I hug her and we fall back on the bed.

"Come downstairs your parents have a big surprise and so do I." Brooke says taking my hand and dragging me through the house again. She brings me to the front. I open the door and there is a 2015 black range rover supercharged. I hear a jingle jangle and turn to see car keys and a key chain with my mom, my dad and me when I was a baby.

"I love it so much!" I say hugging my parents. They are standing in front of the car.

"There's something else that Brooke got you." My dad says.

"Okay but first I want to drive my new car." I say eagerly. I open the drivers side door and sitting in the seat is a puppy Collie. I pick her up and she has the same eyes as Nash. I start to cry.

"Brooke. You have no idea how much this means to me. I have always wanted a dog." I hug her with my new puppy still in my hand.

"Well what are you going to name her?" Brooke asks.

"I think I'm going to name her Nova." I say kissing her on the nose. She sneezes.

"Isn't she just precious?" My mom says hugging my dad.

"So much for that drive huh." He laughs.

"Yeah I just need to hug Brooke one more time." I say running and throwing myself at Brooke. I have already but Nova in the car. Brooke catches me and carries me to the car and puts me in. She gets in the passenger side and Nova sits on her lap looking out of the window.

"Hey Eve. Nova needs a collar. Want to go to the store and buy her one?" Brooke says.

"Yes!" I say excitedly and I drive to PetCo. We walk in and there are a lot of people here. I don't put Nova down because she doesn't have a leash yet and I don't want her to run away.

"Hi excuse me but do you know where we can find the dog collars?" I ask one of the employees.

"Yes in the back to the right and then come to the front for the tag." He says. He reminds me a lot like Nash. Thinking of Nash. He didn't call or even text me Happy Birthday. Whatever. I brush it off and walk over to the dog collars. There is another boy here about our age.