Chapter 28

Evelyn's P.O.V.

"I'm so excited Connor. I'm so glad that you're in North Carolina. I know it's a lot different than California but I'm so happy you're here with me." I hug him and smile.

"I'm happy to be here too Evelyn. I'll a,ways be here for you." Connor says. He such and amazing friend. He's like my older brother. For the rest of the drive we get to know each other as person. We talk about our personal lives and our secrets. We've been talking since August. We get to the mall right when it starts to snow.

"RUN!" I yell. I bolt towards the door. I turn around to see where Connor was and right when I do and face plants into a snow pile. I couldn't help but laugh. He picks his head up and he is covered in snow.

"Yeah keep laughing Evelyn and see where that gets you." Connor says while standing up. I couldn't stop laughing and right when I walk I slip on ice and fall on my butt.

"See that's called karma." Connor says laughing.

"Can you help me up please." I ask and extend my hand. He takes it and I pull him down with me. We look at each other and laugh. We stand up and are set from head to toe.

"It's a good think we're at the mall because we need new clothes." Connor says opening the door and I giggle.

"Where to first Mr. Franta?" I ask.

"I don't know. Let's go where the map takes us." He says. I am so confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask right when he starts to sing and dance to the Dora the Explorer map song.

"If there is a place you got to go
I am the one you need to know
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!

If there is a place you got to get
I can get you there I bet
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!

I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!

I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!

I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!
I'm the Map!"

I start to sing and dance along with him. When we are done a lot of people clap for us and then to on their way again.

"That was so much fun Connor." I say to him.

"Yeah let's go shopping." Connor says.

We go to at least 20 different stores. Connor and I bought so much stuff it's crazy. I even convinced him to get a manicure and a pedicure with me. He did clear though. We had so much fun shopping.

"Omg Connor you know what we should do." I say to him jumping up and down.

"What?" He takes my hand and we jump up and down together.

"We should makes this a regular thing. We go to the mall together every week even if we don't buy anything." I say.

"That is an AMAZING idea Evelyn!" Connor says. We hug each other and our stomachs growl.

"I think it's time for some food how bout you?" I laugh.

"Yeah how about Chipotle?" Connor says.

"Are you serious? I haven't had chipotle in months." I squeal. We practically run to the other side of the mall where chipotle is. We almost knock down some people but it's chipotle come one. I mean their salads are amazing. We get to chipotle and run online.

"Connor what are you going to get?" I ask.

"A burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, guacamole, and green salsa." He says.

"Sounds delicious except the chicken part. I'm having a salad with lettuce, black beans, fajita vegetables, and chipotle-honey vinaigrette." I say.

"Yeah the whole vegetarian thing. That's really awesome that you're vegetarian. You're saving animals every day." Connor smiles while giving me high five. After a few minutes we make it to the front of the line.

"Hello, welcome to chipotle what would you like today?" The lady asks.

"I would like a salad with lettuce, black beans, fajita vegetables, and chipotle-honey vinaigrette and a burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, guacamole, and green salsa please." I order.

"That will be $10.46." The worker says. I hand her the exact change.

"No Evelyn I'm not letting you pay for my food." Connor says giving me a pouty face.

"I'm treating you Connor plus I already payed." I smile at him. We get our order and sit down. We eat in silence and every now and then I look up and see Connor staring at me. It's getting a bit uncomfortable.

"Connor is there something you want to tell me?" I ask nervously. He doesn't answer.

"Connor?" I say.

"Yeah I just don't want you to look at me differently." Connor says.

"There is nothing you cans say that will make me think that." I tell him. I'm really nervous. I have no idea what he's trying to get at.

"I'm...I'm...I'm....gay." He says. I stare at him and he starts to cry. I smile because I know he must've been dying to get that out. I attack him with a hug.

"Connor that's amazing. I'm so happy for you! It must've been so hard to keep that inside and I'm glad that you told me." I say comforting him. He wipes away his tears.

"Really. You don't think I'm a freak or anything?" He asks.

"Of course not and if anyone does just say that you're my freak. Connor this is amazing." I say trying to cheer him up and it seems to be working because his smile goes onto his face.

"I haven't told he guys yet. I've only told my family and now you." Connor says smiling at me.

"Connor that's great!" I say. We finish our dinner and talk about Connor's new lifestyle. We get our bags and head towards the exit of the mall when someone screams.

"OMG YOU'RE CONNOR FRANTA!" We turn around and see a mob of girls running towards us.

"Evelyn stay behind me." Connor says to me and I get pushed behind him. All of a sudden we are swarmed by dozens of girls. I am pushed out of the circle when I hear.

"IT'S NASH GRIER AND CAMERON DALLAS!" Someone screamed and some of the girls run towards them. I look and try to find them when I felt a pair of strong hands cover my mouth and drag me away. I black out from everything. The last thing I see is a pair of green eyes looking down at me.

I'm dead aren't I. The stress of everything took away my life right! Crap! I really wanted to accomplish more things with my life!

These thoughts run through my head when my eyes flutter open and I see a group of people standing around me. A boy from the group runs up to me and kisses me.

"Evelyn. I'm so glad you're alright. You fell and hit your head on the floor and me, Cam and Connor carried you out and you blacked out and I'm just glad you're awake." The boy said to me.

"Uh I'm sorry but who are you." I say.