Chapter 30

Evelyn's P.O.V.

The boy I was watching passed out. I did chest compressions and mouth to mouth but he wasn't waking up. I don't know what to do. I hold his hand until the ambulance comes. They rush over and immediately take his pulse.

"He is alive but barely. Get him to the ER now!" They ambulance doctor says. Three more people come running out with stretchers. They pick him up and put him on it. I'm sitting in ambulance watching everything. I start to cry again when a police officer comes over to me.

"Sweetie I'm Officer Robins. I'm here to get your statement. You have to fill out a report but when you're ready. Okay honey." She rubs my back trying to comfort me.

"Can I go to the hospital with him?" I plead.

"Yes of course but you need an escort. How about I drive you and on the the way there you can fill out the report?" Officer Robins says.

"Okay!" I say and follow her to her squad car. She puts her lights on and follows the ambulance. I fill out the report and guess most of the stuff since I can't remember anything about myself. We get to the hospital in 10 minutes. Officer Robins takes me to the front desk.

"Nash Grier." She says showing her badge.

"Room 129. Go straight and take the left. He will be the last room in the hallway." The nurse says. Officer Robins and I run to the room. We try to go in but a doctor pushes us out.

"I'm sorry you can't enter this right now. We are preparing a patient for surgery." The doctor says.

"But I need to see him. I need to see if he is okay." I cry trying to push the doctor but two more doctors come and grab me.

"I'm sorry I'm going to have to ask you to wait in the lobby ma'am." The doctor says.

"Is there anyway I can help?" I cry.

"Well if you're his blood type or O then you can donate some of your blood to him." The doctor says. He calls one of the nurses out and she takes you to a different room. She closes the door.v

"Here sweetie take a seat." The nurse says giving you a chair.

"So what's your relationship with that patient. You seem very attached to him." She says.

"Honestly. I don't know. I think I'm his girlfriend but I had a concussion so I don't remember. All I know is that I have very strong feelings for him." I say. I tell her everything while she gets me prepared.

"This is going to pinch. I'm going to take a small amount to test with the patients and then I'll be back okay." She says. She swabs my arm and sticks the needle in my arm. I flinch.

"Ow." I say. Before I know it she's done.

" You were great honey. I will back in a few minutes." The nurse says. She leaves and takes the vile of blood with her. I take my phone out an go to my photos. I haven't had the heart to look through them tonight until now. I open the app and scroll through the album labeled Me and Bae💕😍.

I see pictures of me and this boy hugging, holding hands, kissing each other, cuddling, hanging in a tree, on swings, walking, and everything a couple would do.

"So I was dating him." I say. I shed a tear right when the nurse walks in. I wipe it away the second I feel it. I can't have feelings for a boy I can't even remember. Can I?

"Good and bad news." The nurse says.

"Can I have the good news first please." I ask.

"Well you are a positive match with the patient. You go have A+ blood types but the bad news is that he lost so much blood that if we take it from you then you will have to be hospitalized until the end of December to recover." She says.

"I'll do it." I say jumping up from my seat. "I'll do it now. I will do anything to save him." I say.

"Okay follow me and the doctors will prepare you for the blood withdrawal." She says and brings me to the room next to Nash's.

I change into the hospital gown and lay down on the bed. I lay there for about 10 minutes when about 4 nurses and 2 doctors come into my room. They give me this drug that makes you sleepy. I pass out in a few seconds.

I go into a deep sleep when I feel a sensation flood over me. Names and places and peoples faces start running through my mind. I see my family, my friends and my boyfriend. I remember everything. I feel a sudden wave of peace and reassurance go over me. I'm still asleep but I can't wake up no matter how hard I try. I have no idea how long I've been unconscious for.