Chapter 2

Nash Grier's P.O.V.

"LOOK OUT!" I scream while running toward two girls. I just threw the lacrosse ball too hard and it went out of control. I run as fast as I can to get to them but I didn't make it in enough time.

The ball hit the girls plate and her food goes everywhere. Onto her, in the air, on the ground, on the ball and some even managed to get on her friend. She looked like she was about to explode. I am a bit afraid to go over there. I have to to get the ball back and apologize.

But a guys got to do what a guys got to do. I decided to walk over casually. I make my way over there and stand in front of the two girls.

"I am so sorry. I never meant to.." I start but didn't get to finish because the upset girl looked up at me with food on her face and everything.

"You're the boy from the hallway, aren't you?" She asks uncertain.

I take a good look at her realize this is the girl I couldn't stop thinking about since I ran into her.

Oh Crap! I ran into her in the hallway and now this. She probably hates me right now.

"I didn't.." I got interrupted again.

"Don't say anything. Just save it. The food costed $7.75. I won't have enough time for you to go buy me another plate because now I have to go change. Since you can't do that, after school you will meet me at the Ranch Barn and buy me a new lunch there. Okay." With that she walked away.

I am in shock that she stood her ground. She took charge and told me off. I don't even know her name but now I have to buy her food. She is so mysterious and independent. That's what makes me want her. The secretiveness.

I walk back with the ball and get bombarded by the guys on the team.

"Bro do you know who you just hit?" Hayes asks.

"That was Evelyn Stuart dude." Cameron says.

"You know who that is right?" Matt questions.

I am stumped. I don't know the name of the face until now. I try thinking but couldn't get anything.

"I have no idea who that girl is. I don't know her name or anything. All I know is that I hit had twice in one day." I hesitate saying this.

"Okay. That girl you just hit is Evelyn Stuart. She is a straight A+ student in every single class. She can even get an A+ in lunch if she could. She is the most wanted girl by all the boys in the school. She is drop dead gorgeous. Evelyn Stuart only has one best friend and that's the one you saw today while getting the ball back." Cameron explains.

I take in every word, realizing he is right.

"Okay. So I just embarrassed possibly the most popular girl in school your saying?" I look at the ground while asking.

"Basically yes." Matt tells you.

"What did she want anyway. You seemed to be there an awfully long time. All you needed to do was get the ball and apologize. What was the chit chat about?" Hayes wants to know and so do the guys.

"Well. She told me I had to buy her a new lunch but I couldn't because she had to go change so instead I have to meet her at the Ranch Barn after school to buy her new food. I didn't have a choice because she just walked away right after she said it." I explain to them.

They start to smile when I say this. They have that stupid grin you get when you have an evil plan or idea.

"Nash. You may have just accomplished something every guy in this school has been trying to do since the first day she stepped into this school." Cameron says.

"You just got asked out on a date by Evelyn Stuart." Matt says.

"Woah, Woah, Wait. This isn't a date. She doesn't even know my name. How could she ask me, well more like tell me, to go on a date with her after I embarrassed her infront of the whole student body." I asked confused.

"Girls minds work in mysterious ways." Hayes tells you.

We run back to practice. I ponder on this all through practice and after. How do I embarrass a girl and then go on a date with her? It just doesn't make sense. And how can I not have known about her? She is perfect in every way imaginable.

The questions are in my head all day long until the bell rings. I head directly for the school doors. The boys wish me luck, I grab my skateboard and head to the Ranch Barn. When I get there I open the door and see her sitting there.

I start to walk over when she turns around and smiles. I start to tense up.