Chapter 1

Evelyn's P.O.V.

* beep beep beep *
I slap the alarm clock off. It's already 6:30 AM and I still needed to shower, get dressed, put makeup on, eat and leave. 

I roll out of bed and text my best friend Mahogany.

E: Hey! Good morning Ariel but it's time to wake up now!🌞😭
M: Okay! Okay! I'm up.👽
E: See you at school

I hop in the shower and put on my Spotify shower playlist. I take 30 minutes. By the time I get back in my room it's already 7:05. I pick out my outfit and get dressed.

I chose pink shorts with a loose white tank top and a thin flowered shawl. I gave myself a light smokey eye and a smooth winged eyeliner. I just left my hair down like usual because I'm too lazy to do it and it looks good either way.

I grab my bag, a granola bar and start my walk to the school. It's 7:40 and it takes me 15 minutes to walk to school. My first class starts at 8:15.

It takes longer then usual for me to get to school because I'm hypnotized by my phone. 5SOS is coming to North Carolina this month. I'm so excited. I love them so much.

It's 7:58 when I get to home room. I have AP chemistry first with Mrs. Madden. She loves me. I know she does, it's kind of obvious; I mean we go to Starbucks together after school on Thursdays. Today for homework Mrs. Madden assigns a take home test but, knowing me I already did it for extra credit.

Next class, I have honors trigonometry with Mr. Hartman. I have two classes with him. We get a 5 page textbook assignment and a one printed sheet. I plan on doing it during lunch.

After trig, I have Art. In art class I am making a silhouette of the tree in the school garden. I like to go there when I'm stressed out or just have something on my mind. It's so peaceful and beautiful there. I like to look out at the lake. It's just so relaxing.

When art is over I walk to my next class. AP world history. This is my all time favorite class. Ms. Verdino is my favorite teacher. She knows that I am a very academically gifted person. She treats me like a mature adult and honestly I like the feeling of it. She gave us no homework, like usual.

I start walking down the hallway to my locker when someone runs me making all of my stuff fly everywhere.

"Hey, watch where you're going next time!" I say agitated at the stranger.

I bend down to pick up my stuff from the ground when I feel a hand on mine. I slowly look up to see a dreamy pair of crystal blue eyes, a freckled nose, and soft lips. The stranger has blonde/brown hair from what I can tell so far.

We just stare at each other for what feels like forever but turned out to only be a few seconds. I broke the gaze and start to blush while I continue to pick up my belongings that dropped. I was completely mesmerized by this stranger. I have never seem him in school before. He was quit the charmer.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you. I just didn't want to be late for my practice. I'll take your advice next time. Sorry again." He said while running his hand through his hair. That is such a turn.  I didn't have any response so I just smiled and walked away.

We both walk in different directions. I held my books close to my chest while thinking about the mysterious boy I just met. It is really bugging me that I haven't seen him here before. I continue to walk in a daze not knowing that I have reached my locker.

"So what's got you in a daze today Eve?" Mahogany asks.

"I just met this charming boy. He was tall and handsome." I couldn't stop smiling about him.

"Well anyone who can make you have the silly clown grin on your face seems to be a keeper. What his name?" Mahogany walks with me to the lunch room.

"Honestly. I don't know. It was a few seconds. He ran into me. He helped me with my stuff and we parted. That's it." I was sad thinking about it now. I didn't even get his name.

I kept quiet the rest of the walk until we reached the lunch room. Today was Meat Monday which meant any type of meat imaginable. The food at our school was amazing.

On line I get Mac-and-Cheese, a fruit cup and a salad. I'm not much of a meat eater. The total was $7.75. I paid and walked outside with Mahogany.

"So, where do you want to sit?" She said scanning outside. We both see an open table near the football field. Mahogany and I walk towards the table when we hear.

"LOOK OUT!"

The last thing I see before the most embarrassing moment in my life happens is a ball coming towards me.