ch. 46 court date

-Day 1-

        I walked in with my lawyer and summer behind me. As I walked, I saw Sarah, Abby, and Trey and the guys' reassuring faces. I wouldn't choose for them to be here.

       I don't want them to see me like this. But, they were there, and they saw the devil in action.

         I looked to the other side, seeing my mother and sisters faces, judging me. My dad's side of the family, except my grandparents, judging me. I looked at the ground until we sat down at the chairs in the front.

       The police officer and the judge came in. "All rise and raise your right hand." We all did so, saying I after he finished.

        We sat down again and the judge started talking. "Okay, so, we have a Mrs. Jade Martinez holding a lawsuit on Mr. Henry Hudson."

      You see, that's the thing. I had to pick one last name, and I wouldn't dare have the devils last name. So, I picked my moms, which she was a bitch too. The only thing I wanted to do with them was the family that cared.

       "Okay then, let's get started. Johnson?" My f. f. f. Damnit, I can't even say the word. He doesn't deserve it. The devils lawyer stood up. "Yes, we would like to call Jade Martinez to the stand." Johnson stood up, stepping away from his desk.

       I stood up, walking to the desk beside the judge. "Now, Mrs. Martinez-" "Jade. Its Jade." I interrupted. He nodded, "right, Jade. Can you please tell us what it was like before this started."

      I was confused, but I still recalled it. For a split second, I looked into his eyes. His eyes. I looked away. "When I was completely younger, me, and them, used to go to the park. They would always be doing different stuff there. Then, things changed."

       Johnson smiled, looking at the jury. " ah. Yes, every family has those moments. The ones where the whole day is amazing, and it seems like it never stops."

      "Objection, your honor, this has nothing to do with this case." Harley said, my lawyer. "Opposed," the judge said.

       "Oh no, that's alright. I'll move on." Johnson began. "Jade, when do you say that everything started happening?" He asked. I knew the answer off the bat.

       "I was 6 years old when it started." I answered. He nodded. "And, what happened?" He asked again. I took a deep breath in. I opened my eyes, finally taking a closer look at the people in front of me.

       On my side, my friends and Trey sat. My grandparents, most of my cousins, aunts, uncles, the girls, everyone who supported me. I looked at the other side. My mom, older sister, some of my aunts, uncles, but they were all on the devils side.

       Then, I saw someone sitting beside Trey. For a second, it kind of looked like Tiana. I then saw a flash in the back. I switched my gaze to the people standing in the back. There were photographers and reporters and cameras from hit TV shows in the back.

        Since the concert, it was like I was the new hottest thing. The popparazi were on me like flies to a burger. They were literally everywhere. And I hated that they were here.