ch. 41 this means war

Picture of Preston above! XOXO

I woke up in treys arms, so I just sat there for a minute. It wasn't long until I realized that the whole group was here too, I'm guessing for support from the events from last night.

I heard movement beside me, and saw Sarah waking up. She sat up and yawned, and saw me, smiling. I sat up with her, also stretching.

I sat there for a minute, then got up to go to the kitchen. Sarah followed me, getting out the cereal. I saw mail by the door, so I picked it up, walking back to the island and sitting down. Sarah sat beside me, "do you want some?" She asked, pointing to the cereal boxes. I nodded, and she pulled out the frosted flakes.

Gosh, she knows me so well.

I began curiously flipping through the mail, stopping in surprise at one letter that had my name on it. I read the return address, and it was sent from the court.

Immediately, I felt my heart in my stomach and all of the blood drained from my body. I nervously opened it with my shaky hands, reading it in my mind.

Dear Mrs. Martinez,
Your father, jack Martinez, has been arrested for abuse and rape towards youth. Since you and your sister, Summer Martinez, have agreed to pressing charges, we would like to see you in court on February 2 as the victims. We will also need the witnesses, Trey Parker, Adam Deas, Jake Cole, Preston Cole, and Dennis Newman to appear in court.
Thank you,
Georgia State Court

As I read the note, apparently tears were in my eyes, because immediately when Sarah saw the sight of me, she was asking me what was wrong. When I didn't reply, she just snatched the letter from me.

When she was done reading the letter, she turned to me with sincere in her eyes, ingulfing me in a hug. "I know it might not seem like it now, but it will be okay." She whispered in my ear.

She pulled back and looked at me in the eyes, hands on my shoulders, "you are going to march into that court room, holding your head high, and give that bastard what he deserves, do you hear me?" She said firmly. I smiled and nodded at the amazing person I had to call my best friend.

After we ate the cereal, we figured we would go and get Emma's prescription of her breathing treatment. We went up to my room and changed into comfortable clothes, her, leggings with fur boots, and her Grey trench coat. Me, also leggings, but with my converse, one of treys comfortable sweatshirts, and my grey beanie. After all, it was getting warmer, but it was still cold.

I grabbed the prescription off of the dresser and headed downstairs with my keys. I grabbed the sticky notes off of the table and wrote a short but sweet note.

Went to get Emma's prescription, be back soon! Love ya babe XOXO ~Charlee