ch. 28 secrets revealed pt. 2

"Its going to all be okay." Adam soothed in my ear. I sunk deeper into his chest. "No, Adam. It never is." I said back, quieting down and sniffling.

He sighed, standing up. He reached out for my hand and I excepted it, standing up. "Look little J, I can't let you go to your dads." He said as we walked down the hall.

"Adam, you don't have a choice. I'm going whether you like it or not." I said to him. "No." He stopped me. "I'm not going to let you go." He turned to me. I sighed and leaned against the wall, trying to think of a way that he would let me go.

And of course, my brilliant mind came up with one. "Hey, I need you to help me with something." I said to him. "Okay, anything," he replied.

"I need you to help me get my sister out of school, but we have to look like we're not us, like we're her aunt or something. But I'll tell her what's going on so she doesn't think we're gonna kidnap her." I said. He took in the information and nodded.

I quickly texted my sister.

You:
Hey it's Charlee. Me and Adam are going to take you out of school, but we won't look like us. Theyll call you up in a couple mins so get ready.

Summer:
Okay. Where are we going?

You:
To get my car.

Summer:
Lol got it

You:
Lol is your dad home?

Summer:
I don't think so. Why?

You:
Just wondering.

Summer:
Okay

You:
Okay. See you in a few

I went to the bathroom and let my hair down and zipped up my jacket. I walked out and Adam had messed up his hair and zipped his jacket up too. He handed me a pair of glasses and put on his. I put on the glasses and we made our way to the office.

Before we walked in the door, Adam grabbed my hand. "What are we doing anyways?" He asked. "You'll find out. Anything they ask, let me answer." He nodded and we walked in.

"Hi, ma'am. May I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked. "Um, I'm picking up Summer Martinez." I answered. She nodded. "Okay, well just sign here," she pointed to a piece of paper, "and may I ask who's picking her up?"

"Um, her Aunt and Uncle, Sophia and Bobby, uh, Vasquez." I said. "Oh, are you two married?" She asked. Adam bent over like he was about to throw up and I hit his stomach. He straightened up. I honestly was about to throw up from her words.

"Yes ma'am, uh, going on for about 3 years now." I answered, trying to hold back the vomit. She smiled, "it must be a very happy marriage." I faked a smile. "Oh, its something."

She pulled up the phone and called for Summer. Me and Adam turned around. "What the hell I don't wanna be married to you." He whispered to me. "Oh, like you had anything better. Suck it up cupcake, only a few more minutes."