Chapter 61

Empire Chapter 61: Exit Strategy, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 61

Lux's Point of View

After attempting and failing to hail three different cabs I ended up walking to school. Like hello people, I'm not waving my hand around like a moron to just say hello. I'm a paying customer and I need a ride. Ugh. Whatever, I needed the exercise and there's nothing I love more than a brisk walk to school on such a beautiful morning. Even through the sounds of the busy New Yorkers commuting to work I could still hear the birds singing back and forth to one another in the trees lining the street in front of Constance. The sun was shining bright and I felt a little bit more at ease than I had when I woke up this morning.

As I bustled past other students on the steps leading into school I caught sight of her brown wild curly hair and mentally groaned. Why is Vanessa here? Sighing I turned around and walked towards her. She was just standing in front of our school like a pedophile scoping out his next victim. It was creepy to say the least, must be a thing with Brooklynites.

"Vanessa, what are you doing here? Finally decide to transfer, or are you still stalking Nate?" I questioned aloud, as I approached her readjust the bag on my shoulder, waiting for her to reply. She had that permanent smug look on her face.

"I'm actually looking for Blair, again. I figured I'd find her here perched on the steps doing nothing, since as far as I can tell she hasn't done anything with the information I gave her." Vanessa informed me, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at me like she was better than all of us. The truth is Vanessa is just like every single one of us. She might lack the monetary aspect most of us around her have but she's a bitch just like the rest of us.

"Oh if you're looking for B she's having brunch at Centolire." Penelope chimed in walking up behind me followed by Koti. The all donned Blair's signature headband attire. I glared at them over my shoulder as in saying shut the hell up before returning my gaze to Vanessa.

"If Blair said she'd handle it, she'll handle it." I told her sternly, before heading into the school.

Serena was standing behind her locker when I spotted her at the end of the hall. I made my way through the crowd of kids and stopped beside her. She peeked her head out from behind the wooden locker door and stared at me with a frown. I pulled her into a hug and sighed as we broke apart.

"What happened to making friends with Dan and Amanda last night?" I asked leaning against the locker searching through the throngs of kids packing the halls for that tart Amanda.

"I chickened out and didn't go to STK last night. Mom and I hung out with Eric; he took a tumble on the stairs in Central Park, apparently there was a soccer ball on the steps and he didn't see it because it was dark and down he went." Serena informed me, as I tried to look shocked. That's totally not what happened. I didn't know if I should tell Serena Caleb beat up Eric. It would only hurt her more and she didn't need that right now.

"Is he okay?" I shrieked, shocked noticing Dan Humphrey himself making his way down the girl's hall right for us. Well this should be good I thought.

"He's fine. Mom had the doctor check him. A few bruises, but he'll live to annoy me and you another day. Oh god, there's Dan." Serena croaked out, rolling her eyes as Dan got closer to us.

"Serena," He started to say, as I placed my foot on the back of the locker and crossed my arms over my chest glaring at him. Dan fiddled with his bag uncomfortable. I smirked, well; he should feel uncomfortable right now.

"So, this is how you want to handle it, using another girl to embarrass me in front of my friends? Is that your idea of sending a message, Dan? I can't believe you would do that." Serena sounded off, before Dan could even get a word out. He had to have known someone would snap a picture and send it to Gossip Girl or show Serena at the very least.