Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Scarlette's POV

*A Few Hours Later*

I walked downstairs to see Andy slumped on the couch. I took a deep breath and walked into the living room.

"Andy." I said quietly.

"Hmm?" He mumbled, not looking away from the TV. I walked further into the living room and sat on the couch next to him.

"Andy, look at me please." He paused the TV and turned his head so he was looking at me. His eyes looked sad. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry you feel like I don't want this wedding. I'm sorry you feel like I don't want to marry you. I'm sorry that I've been dragging my feet on every decision and element of this wedding. I promise that I want to commit myself to you forever, and spend every day of my life with you. I'm going to try to be better, I promise."

"Scarlette, is our life together going to be us constantly fighting? Because, I don't know how much more of this I can take." He said, shaking his head.

"I said I'm going to try to be better. I'm going to try to be a good wife, I promise. I don't like fighting with you, and I'm trying to do better. All I know is that I love you. I want the three of us to be a family, officially. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I want to be your wife." I said, grabbing his hands in mine. "If I'm starting to be a crappy wife, please let me know so I can turn it around."

"If I start to be a crappy husband, let me know." He chuckled. "I love you Scarlette."

"I love you too Andy. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you." He smiled. "Sorry for being dramatic."

"You're not dramatic." I said, shaking my head. "You're my almost husband, and I love you." I said, hugging him.

"Well, I love you, my almost wife." He said, hugging me back and kissing me.

*One Week Later*

"Scarlette." Andy said as he walked into the bedroom. I was laying on the bed, scrolling on my phone.

"Yes?" I asked, putting my phone down.

"I want to go on a honeymoon after our wedding." He said, sitting on the end of the bed.

"Andy." I sighed. "I don't want one."

"Scarlette, we talked about you not fighting me on wedding stuff anymore." He groaned.

"Does that mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion?"

"We don't have to call it a honeymoon. I just want a vacation with you. Somewhere relaxing, maybe tropical. We haven't been alone since Kaylee was born. We can go for a week, leave Kaylee with your parents, and just forget about all the stressors here."

"A vacation sounds nice." I said quietly.

"See, listening to me works sometimes." He said with a smirk and I giggled. "I'll get in contact with a travel agent and see what options she can come up with." He said with a giddy smile, giving me a kiss and running out of the room. I would say yes to anything to see him that happy all of the time.

****************************************************************************

Short chapter! Sorry!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!