Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Scarlette's POV

*Two Months Later*

"Excuse me for a moment." My doctor said, getting up in the middle of my exam, throwing away her gloves, and leaving the room. I felt my stomach drop as all of the bad possibilities ran through my mind. I was getting my annual womanly check up and I have no idea why my doctor left in the middle of my exam, but it can't be good. She walked in a minute later, wheeling an ultrasound machine behind her.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as she washed her hands and put on new gloves.

"I just noticed something that I want to check with an ultrasound." She explained, sitting back down and turning on the machine. Oh god. Could I have cancer? Fuck, fuck, fuck. I blinked back tears as I immediately jumped to the worst conclusions.

"Please talk to me." I begged through my tears. "I need to know what's going on, I'm freaking out." I said as she moved the transducer into place, her eyes locked on the screen.

"Did you know you were pregnant?" She asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my eyes nearly popping out of my skull.

"About two months along at first glance."

"No, no, I can't be. That's impossible."

"There's the little nugget right there." She said, turning the screen so I could see and pointing at the small white blob on the screen.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I groaned, throwing my head back.

"Do I need to review the options with you?"

"No, I'm aware of my options." I said, letting out a sigh. "Are we done here?"

"Let me take some measurements and make sure the baby is okay." She said. She discovered that my due date is June 20th, meaning I got pregnant in September, which makes sense when I went to see Andy on tour.

"Would you like an ultrasound picture?" She asked.

"Yes, my boyfriend won't believe me otherwise." I said and she nodded, pressing a button to make the machine spit out a strip of paper. She handed me the photos, removed the transducer, and turned off the machine.

"Besides the unexpected pregnancy, your exam was fine. The nurse will help you make your next appointment." She smiled and then left the room. I got off the table and got dressed into my normal clothes. I left the exam room and went to the nurse's desk. She helped me set up my next appointment and I went out to my car. I sat in the driver's side and stared down at the set of my pictures. I'm pregnant? No fucking way. I've only been with Andy for eight months. I'm not ready to be a parent. 

Once I was able to put the shock to the side enough to allow myself to drive, I went straight to Andy's. If I don't tell him now, I'll blurt it out in conversation and ruin everything. I parked in his driveway and got out of the car, folding the ultrasound picture and slipping it into my back pocket. They leave for a festival in Germany tomorrow, their last one before the holidays, so this timing is terrible. Have a good trip Andy, by the way, you're going to be a dad! Oh my god, how the fuck am I going to tell him. 

I stood on his front porch, having an existential crisis for a hot minute. I was so focused on the fact that I had to tell him, I didn't think about how I would tell him. Unfortunately, one part of my brain doesn't communicate with the other, and I knocked on the door before I had even come up with a plan. I pulled back my arm in horror and my rat brain decided the best option was to run. I turned around and hustled away from the door, but I wasn't fast enough, because I heard the door open.

"Scarlette?" Andy asked. I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him, giving a small, nervous smile. "Are you ding dong ditching me?" He smirked. Fuck, that smirk is exactly what got me in this fucking predicament.

"Technically I didn't ring your door bell." I smirked back, trying to keep my cool, but I was exploding on the inside.

"Are you knock knock ditching me then?"

"I-uh-I don't know." I stuttered.

"Well, are you going to come inside?" He asked and I just know I looked like a deer in headlights. "Come on, I don't bite." He said. I took a deep breath and unglued my feet from the floor, forcing my body forwards. I got to the door and he reached out his arms, pulling me inside.

"Alright, what's going on?" He asked me, sitting me down on the couch.

"Nothing." I said, trying to seem confident.

"You're acting weird Scarlette."

"Nooo I'm not." I said, shaking my head.

"Fucking spit it out. I know something's up."

"I swear everything is fine!"

"Scar, I know you we-"

"YOU KNOCKED ME UP!" I screamed and then covered my mouth, my eyes going wide as saucers. I can't believe I just blurted that out. Andy furrowed his eyebrows, and then raised them as his eyes got wide. He opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. "Surprise." I said with a small giggle.

"Would you like to repeat that?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant. With your baby." I said.

"No you're not." He said, standing up and shaking his head.

"Yes, I am. I'm two months pregnant." I said, digging the ultrasound picture out of my pocket and handing it to him. He looked at the small white blob and sat down, his hands shaking.

"Oh my god." He mumbled, running his hands through his hair.

"I just found out like ten minutes ago at my appointment today." I explained. All of a sudden, he got off the couch, laid the picture on the coffee table, and took the stairs two at a time. My heart dropped, worried about what he was going to do. I still can't figure out how he feels about this news. He came back down a few seconds later and ran over to where I was so fast that he almost fell forward. He dropped to one knee on the ground and grabbed both of my hands with one of his.

"Marry me." He said.

"What?" I asked, my eyes going wide again. This is way too much for one day. He revealed a ring box in his other hand and popped it open, a gorgeous diamond ring shining in the sunlight streaming in from the window. I let out an unexpected gasp, my gaze shifting between Andy and the ring.

"Marry me." He repeated. "Scarlette Jane Lawyer, will you marry me? I can't imagine spending my life with anyone other than you and I'm so excited to raise this baby, our baby, with you." I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I mustered a nod. He smiled and slipped the ring onto my left hand. He grabbed my face in his hands and passionately kissed me. I kissed him back and we held it for a moment before pulling apart.

"When did you get this?" I asked, shocked that he already had a ring after only eight months of dating.

"I went out and bought it the day after our first date." He admitted sheepishly. "I knew you were the one for me and I would've done anything to make you mine."

"I love you so much Andy."

"I love you too Scarlette."

"I'm sorry for dropping this bomb on you before you leave tomorrow."

"It's fine. Now I have another thing to look forward to when I return." He smiled.

*******************************************************************************

I know, this is moving really quick. It's part of the reason why it took me so long to update, I was debating for so long. Please keep giving this a chance and don't give up on it. It's all part of the plot line.

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!