Chapter 37: Home

Chapter 37: Home

Scarlette's POV

*One Month Later*

I pulled up to the curb where Andy was standing. I popped the trunk and he threw his luggage inside. He closed the trunk and then got into the passenger seat.

"Hi baby!" He said cheerfully, leaning over and hugging me.

"Hi!" I said, turning my head to kiss him. I let go and then pulled away from the curb, merging back into traffic. Andy turned around and brushed his hand along Kaylee's shoulder.

"Hi baby girl!" He cooed. I drove us back to the house and pulled into the driveway. Andy jumped out and threw open the backseat door, unstrapping Kaylee and held her close. "I missed you so much!" He cooed. I popped open the trunk and pulled the bags out.

"Let me get those." He offered.

"I've got it." I said. He nodded and started to walk up to the house. I followed as he unlocked the door and we walked in. I set his bags in front of the door and followed him to the living room. He sat on the couch and I sat next to him. I watched as he played with Kaylee for about 30 minutes, absolute bliss on his face. I smiled as I watched him. He noticed me looking at him and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" He chuckled.

"I just love watching you play with Kaylee. You're such a good dad." I smiled, placing my hand on his knee.

"Well, you're an amazing mom." He smiled, leaning over to kiss me.

"Hardly." I mumbled.

"You just took care of her for 3 months all by yourself. You are amazing." He reassured. I smiled and felt heat rise on my cheeks. "But now, I'm home for a long time, so you won't have to do that for quite a while." He said and kissed me again.

"Thank god." I laughed.

"Now, we also have time to plan our wedding." He said and I felt panic set in. "I'd like to get married within the year."

"Sounds good." I said quietly.

"So, we need to start looking at venues and trying to set a date." He said.

"Oh, I always imagined just going to the courthouse." I shrugged.

"The courthouse? That's not what I want." He said, shaking his head.

"Well, I never wanted a big to-do. I've never pictured my wedding and been looking forward to all of the attention on me. I really don't want a huge thing."

"It doesn't have to be huge, just our friends and family. But, I don't want to just go to the courthouse. I want a party, a celebration!"

"I'll think about it." I sighed.

"Please." He said with a small smile.

*************************************************************************************

Sorry it's short! I'm running low on ideas!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!