Chapter 39: Wedding Dress Shopping

Scarlette's POV

*One Month Later*

"Are you going to go  shopping for your dress soon?" Andy asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You need to go like this week. The wedding is 5 months away."

"Alright, alright." I said, holding my hands up in surrender.

*One Week Later*

"Here's my card, spend as much as you need to get the dress of your dreams."

"I don't have a dress of my dreams." I said, shaking my head.

"You'll know it when you see it." He smiled at me. "Don't forget to get Kaylee's flower girl dress."

"Flower girl? Andy, she'll barely be a year old. She's not even walking!"

"Someone can carry her down the aisle! Come on, she would make such a cute flower girl!"

"You're so cheesy." I laughed. "Fine, I'll come home after purchasing two dresses."

"Thank you." He smiled, kissing the top of my head. I got into the car and drove to the dress shop. I got out and saw my mom, Samantha, Amanda, and Alice.

"Hi!" I said as I walked up to them.

"There's the beautiful bride to be!" My mom said, hugging me. "No baby?"

"No, I figured it was best if she stayed home with Andy." I said.

"I wanted to hold her!" Samantha whined.

"Well, apparently she's the flower girl, so she'll be at the wedding." I said.

"Well, of course she's the flower girl. She's your daughter. Who else would you choose?" My mom asked.

"Not a one year old." I laughed. "Come on, let's go in." I said as we walked in.

"Hi, how can I help you?" A woman behind a podium asked.

"I have an appointment for Scarlette." I said.

"Here you are. Go ahead and look around, a stylist will be with you as soon as possible." She said.

"Thank you." I said and we walked through the first row of dresses.

"So, what are you thinking?" Amanda asked.

"Plain. Simple. Nothing fancy. Andy's the one who made me come here. I was just going to find something cheap online."

"Oh Scarlette, it's your wedding! You need to live it up!" Samantha exclaimed.

"I wanted a court house wedding. Now, we've got a list of 50 guests and I'm buying a dress that's way too expensive. I think I'm living it up as much as I can handle." I laughed.

"Scarlette?" A voice called.

"Right here." I said, finding my way out of the labyrinth of white dresses.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Becca and I'll be your stylist today. Why don't you and your party follow me to your dressing room." She said. I followed her with everyone following behind me. She wrote my name on a pink dot and stuck it to the dressing room door. "What is your wedding date?"

"June 28th."

"Oh my, that's soon! Okay, why don't you tell me what you're looking for."

"Plain. Simple. Comfortable." I said.