Chapter 21: Names

Chapter 21: Names

Scarlette's POV

*One Month Later*

"What do you think about Elizabeth? I asked.

"No." Andy sighed. "Cloe?"

"No. Zoey?"

"Nope, Amanda?"

"Yuck." I said, making a face. "How about Samantha?"

"Boring. Isabelle?" We had spent the last hour coming up with baby names and we hadn't agreed on a single one.

"No. God damnit, why can't we just agree on a fucking name? I swear we've gone through this whole fucking book!" I screamed, throwing the book across the room and slamming it into the wall.

"Calm down." Andy chuckled.

"DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" I exploded like a bomb. "WE CAN'T FUCKING AGREE ON ANYTHING! AT THIS POINT, OUR BABY WILL HAVE NO FUCKING NAME!"

"Scarlette, it's not that big of a deal. A name will come to us."

"IT IS A BIG DEAL!" I started crying and stormed up the stairs. I slammed the bedroom door behind me and locked it. I collapsed into the bed and started crying. Was I actually upset or was it just the hormones making me act like this? I laid there for thirty minutes until I heard the door knob rattling.

"DID YOU REALLY FUCKING LOCK THIS DOOR AGAIN?" Andy screamed on the other side.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"LET ME INTO MY FUCKING BEDROOM!"

"GO AWAY ANDREW!" All of a sudden, I heard a loud bang and looked to see that Andy had busted the door open. "I SAID GO AWAY!"

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE NOT KICKING ME OUT OF MY OWN BEDROOM!"

"DON'T TELL ME TO SHUT UP! IT'S OUR BEDROOM!"

"IT WAS MY BEDROOM FIRST! YOU'RE ONLY HERE BECAUSE I STUPIDLY KNOCKED YOU UP!" He screamed and my jaw dropped.

"GET THE FUCK OUT ANDREW! YOU'RE ON THE FUCKING COUCH!"

"YOU CAN'T KICK ME OUT OF MY OWN BED!"

"WELL I'M NOT SLEEPING WITH YOU! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO MAKE YOUR PREGNANT FIANCE SLEEP ON THE COUCH?" I asked with my hands on my hips. He grumbled, grabbed a pillow and blanket, and stomped downstairs. I quickly got ready for bed and laid in bed until I cried myself to sleep.

***

I woke up in the morning and dragged myself out of bed. I put on my robe and slippers before dreadfully going downstairs. I peeked around the corner to see Andy awake on the couch, watching TV.

"Hi." I said quietly as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Hi." Andy said as I returned to the living room. "Sit." He said, patting the empty spot on the couch. I took a deep breath and sat down, taking a sip of water. "I'm sorry for what I said last night." He said.

"I'm sorry for kicking you out of the room."

"I'm sorry for busting down the door." He laughed.

"Do...you really think this baby is a mistake?" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.

"No, no, of course not." He said, reaching out and grabbing my hand. "I love you and I love this baby and I can't wait for us to enter parenthood together. I was just angry and said the first thing that came to my mind. I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry."

"Is this what the rest of our lives is going to be like? Us fighting?"

"I hope not. We did kind of rush into this really fast, and I think that is the source of our problems. I mean, we haven't even been together for a year and we are living together, engaged, and having a baby. We didn't take enough time to get to know each other so of course we're going to hit some snags. We'll eventually find our groove and things will be normal."

"I hope so." I said with a small smile. " I love you."

"I love you too." He said, kissing my lips. "I guess I'll call someone to fix the bedroom door." He laughed.

******************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!