Chapter 2: Bowling

Chapter 2: Bowling

Scarlette's POV

*One Week Later*

I slipped my cardigan on and checked my outfit in the mirror. I was wearing a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans, a plain white V-neck shirt, and a black cardigan. My red hair was pulled into a ponytail and curled. Andy and I were going on our second date today and we were going bowling. We've been texting all week and I'm really starting to like him. I heard a knock on my door and grabbed my small backpack that I use in lieu of a purse. I checked to make sure my socks and wallet were in there before zipping it up and putting it on my back. I slipped on my black ballet flats and grabbed my keys, opening the door.

"Hey Scar." Andy smiled, his hands stuffed in his pockets. He was wearing black ripped jeans, a plain black t-shirt and a plain black jacket. "Ooh, I see someone has color in their closet." He said.

"And I see someone still has a lack of color in their closet." I smirked, stepping out of my apartment and turning to lock the door.

"I'm a rockstar, what am I supposed to wear? Pink?" He asked.

"I would pay to see that." I laughed, turning to face him. I looked down and saw he was wearing all black converse as well. "Look, you couldn't even opt for the black and white converse! You had to go for the completely black pair!"

"Can we stop criticizing my wardrobe and leave?"

"You first, grim reaper." I chuckled. He playfully rolled his eyes and walked away from my door. I followed him out to his car and he opened the car door for me. I thanked him and got in, placing my backpack on the floor. He closed the door and went around to his side while I put on my seatbelt. He got in and turned on the car, putting on his own seatbelt. He pulled out of his parking spot and drove away from my complex.

"So, when were you going to tell me you you named a song after me?"

"Excuse me?" He asked with a small laugh.

"Scarlet Cross."

"I thought you weren't a fan of us?"

"I may have done a little research over the last week."

"What kind of research exactly."

"Songs, interviews, stage performances."

"Oh god, so you-"

"And you sir, have a fat ass!" I exclaimed, mocking Andy's voice from a few years ago.

"I told you, the alcohol made me an asshole." He said, shaking his head. "So, what do you think of our music?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

"It was good." I said, nodding. 

"So you'd come to one of our concerts if I invited you?"

"Yeah." I said with a soft smile, nodding. We rode the rest of the way, chatting about little things here and there. We got to the bowling alley and he turned off the car.

"Don't you dare touch that door handle." He said, quickly getting out of the car and running around to my side. He opened my car door and did a dramatic bow.

"You're such a dork." I giggled, sliding out of the car and grabbing my backpack. I put it on my back and followed Andy into the building.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" The employee behind the front desk asked.

"I'd like a lane for two people for two hours." He said. She typed some things into her computer and got a total for him. He paid and got his receipt.