Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Scarlette's POV

*One Month Later*

"Scar, someone's here to see you." My co-worker Amanda said, peaking into the room I was working in. 

"Close your mouth." I told my patient as I placed the suction tool in their mouth before looking up at Amanda.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll be there when I'm done." I said, removing the suction tool and placing it back in it's holder. She nodded and walked away. I finished up with my patient and sent them on their way. I walked out into the waiting room to see Andy sitting in one of the chairs.

"Andy?" I questioned. He wasn't supposed to be back in town until tomorrow.

"Surprise." He said with a smile, standing up and walking over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he gave me a kiss.

"I wanted to take you out to lunch."

"Give me a few minutes to clean up after my last patient and then I'll meet you at your car." I told him.

"Alright." He smiled, kissing me one more time before leaving the office.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Amanda asked from her spot behind the front desk.

"Yeah." I said, slightly blushing, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"How come you haven't mentioned him?" My other co-worker, Samantha, asked.

"We've only been dating for about three months." I said. "He went on a..uh...buisness trip of sorts and just got back."

"Well, you're just smitten with him." Samantha smiled. "It's cute." I just smiled and walked deeper into the office. I went back to the patient room and began cleaning up, putting away the tools. I finished up and grabbed my belongings before walking out of the office and locating Andy's car. I got in the passenger seat and he smiled at me. We went to a nearby fast food place to make sure we got our food as soon as possible. We sat down at a table with our food and began eating.

"So, how's work?" He asked.

"It's fine." I shrugged. "It's work." I chuckled. "So why are you back a day early?"

"So, I may lied." He laughed slightly. "I wanted to come surprise you at work so I told you I was coming back a day later than I actually was."

"Well, it was sweet, thank you. Seeing you made my day."

"Well, I'm glad I could do something for you. I missed you so much Scar."

"I missed you too Andy." I said and took a deep breath. "Please tell me the next tour is far off." I said and he sighed, making my heart plummet.

"I'm home for a month and then we go on another three month tour." He said and I let out a groan.

"Are you serious? You just got home!"

"This is the reality of my job Scar. I'm gone a lot for long periods of time. It's just something you're going to have to get used to." He said. I slumped my shoulders and let out a huff. "Nothing about my job will change, so either work on getting used to it or bail while you can."

"I understand it's your job. It's something I'm just going to have to get used to." I said. "You're worth it." I said with a small smile.

"Thank you baby." He said, reaching across the table and placing his hand on top of mine. We shifted the conversation to more happy topics for the rest of our time together. We threw away our food and got back in his car so he could drive me back to work. We got out of the car and he hugged me tightly, kissing me for a few seconds.

"I love you." I smiled up at him.

"I love you too." He said, kissing me again. We pulled apart and I waved at him before going back into work.

"So, how was lunch?" Amanda smirked.

"It was good." I smiled, heading deeper into the office.

********************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!