Chapter 17: Christmas

Scarlette's POV

*One Month Later*

"We need to go. We're already going to hit traffic!" Andy groaned as he walked into the room.

"I can't go." I said as I sat on the bed crying.

"What do you mean you can't go? We already have our tickets and my parents are expecting us!"

"I can't go. I just can't! I can't meet your family like this!" I shouted, gesturing to my growing bump. I'm now three months pregnant and I'm starting to show a little more. Today is the 22nd so we'll be at his parents' a few days before Christmas and we are staying through the 27th so he can celebrate his birthday with them. 

"For God's sakes Scarl-"

"Last month was so traumatizing and stressful! Don't even Andy! I can't take anymore judgement about our choices! We're fucking adults and we can do whatever the hell we want!"

"My parents are the least judgmental people I know! Their only son dressed like it was Halloween every day of his fucking teenage life and dropped out of high school at eighteen to move across the country to Los Angeles and start a band from the ground up. This whole situation might be a bit of a shock, but they're not going to judge us! Please Scarlette. I really want them to meet you and I really want you to meet them. You know how important my parents are in my life, I can't keep hiding all of these big life moments from them."

"Fine." I grumbled. "If they say one fucking thing we are getting a hotel." I said and stormed out of the room. Andy followed me out and we went out to the car. He drove us to the airport and we sat in silence. The whole process of getting our bags checked, getting our tickets and going through security was silent. I didn't try to talk to him and he didn't try to talk to me. As soon as we got to our gate, I leaned my head back and took a small nap. When I say small, I mean small. I only got about ten minutes in when the gate agent began announcing boarding for our flight. We finally got to board and as soon as I was in the seat, I closed my eyes again.

I was woken up by the plane wheels slamming into the runway. I bolted up, looking around with wide eyes.

"It's okay, it was just the plane landing." Andy said softly, rubbing my arm.

"Oh." I said, readjusting myself in my seat. I rubbed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Did you have a good nap?" He asked.

"Mhmm." I muttered.

"Oh great, the nap didn't solve your bitchiness." He sighed.

"Oh, so I'm a bitch now?"

"I never said that. I said your attitude is bitchy."

"Fuck you Andrew." I spat.

"This is going to be a fun trip." He mumbled to himself, looking out the window as we made it to our gate. The plane stopped moving and the seatbelt light dinged off. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up, finding a break in the line and slipping out of the row. Andy followed behind me with our carry-ons and we walked off the plane. We walked into the tunnel and the cold northern air hit me.

"Shit." I swore, wrapping my arms around my body.

"I told you to wear a jacket." Andy said.

"I thought a hoodie would be enough." I said as we made it out of the tunnel and into the airport.

"Take mine." He sighed, dropping our bags to the ground and slipping his jacket off, handing it to me. I silently took it and put it on as he picked our bags up again and continued walking. We walked through the airport until we saw the baggage claim carousels.