511. Defeating Straw Hats

Straw Hat Pirates and Heart Pirates are on their way to challenge Whitebeard Pirates. They are going to Wano now after collecting some information. As usual, Luffy wanted to rush there, but the others somehow managed to convince him to collect information first, by promising food if he agreed.

Now they have enough information, but it doesn't mean they'll surely win. Whitebeard Pirates always welcome any pirate crews that want to challenge them. The reason is Whitebeard wants someone else to replace him as an Emperor as he is already too old and wants to retire.

However, he doesn't want just anyone to replace him. His pride won't allow just anyone to take that position for free because he retires. So he lets anyone try taking his position as an Emperor of The Sea and he even offers some of his wealth as a reward for defeating him if they succeed.

People often thought that he could just pass that title to one of his Division Commanders. But that is not what Whitebeard wants. He wants another crew stronger than his crew to take the position and if his children want it, they will need to defeat that crew in the future, but not as Whitebeard Pirates.

They need to take that position with their own crew if they want, not his crew. An Emperor of The Sea is the Captain of an Emperor's crew, not a Division Commander. So he would need to disband Whitebeard Pirates before any of his children can even try to be an Emperor.

"Wait! So does that mean if we manage to defeat Whitebeard Pirates, he would disband his crew? Then his members would form their own crews and may go after us to take the title of Emperor?"

"Yeah, that's the rumor that has been circulating for a long time and the chance of it being true is high. But even if it's not Whitebeard's children, once someone takes the Emperor title from him, many pirates will go after them. Being challenged for their title is something that happens almost every day to the Emperors."

"Ugh, sounds tiring. Why should I become an Emperor? I want to be the Pirate King."

"I told you being an Emperor is just a step to get closer to being the Pirate King. As an Emperor, we could get things we need much easier. For example, it's easier for an Emperor to get their hands on information regarding the way to find Laugh Tale because of their prestige & power. There are more benefits that I can tell you later. But for now, you just need to know that being an Emperor will help you become the Pirate King."

"Are you not interested in being the Pirate King, Torao?"

"Not at all. I'm more interested in opening all your bodies and seeing what's inside. Dissecting the Pirate King is more interesting than being the Pirate King itself."

Law grins evilly while looking at Luffy, making the Straw Hat-man shiver and hide behind Robin.

"Stop teasing him, brother. He might really believe you. Everyone, it's time to eat."

The one coming is Law's little sister, Lami, who was saved because of Buggy's actions in the past. Now she is the cook of Heart Pirates and she had just cooked a few dishes with Sanji. She has become a beauty that won't lose to Nami or Robin.