507. Unlucky Rookies

Flintstone wakes up the next day and gets the biggest surprise of his life so far. He finds out that now he has complete limbs and even an eye. Obviously, his new limbs and left eye are artificial, not real flesh & bones.

Ruff made them and they look just like real human organs. Even the fake skin looks exactly the same as Flintstone's skin and there's no mark where it connects with his real skin. The precision and details are truly amazing.

What's more amazing is that Flintstone can move the artificial limbs as if they were real limbs. There's no delay or difficulty in moving them. He simply just needs to move them like when he moves his real limbs.

Although his movements are very sluggish now because it's been years since he has fully intact limbs. He needs to adapt to this situation first and he'll get better eventually. After all, he almost forgot how to even move the arm & leg he lost.

"Wait! If I got a new eye, then...."

Flintstone rushes out of the room he was placed in. He opens the door and tries to run, but he bumps into someone.

"S-sorry, I am in a hur....."

He can't finish his words when he sees who it is that he bumped into. It's none other than his wife, but that's not why he gets stunned. His eyes widen as he sees his wife's eye sockets aren't empty. There is a pair of beautiful eyeballs inside them.

"Ouch, please be careful, honey. You are strong, so just a simple bump is hurt."

"D-darling, y-your eyes."

"Ah, yes, I have eyes and now I can see again."

Flintstone hugs his wife quickly and cries happily because he always feels guilty about what happened to them. If only he was strong enough, then they wouldn't get captured by the Donquixote Family and wouldn't turn into toys, so she wouldn't lose her eyes too.

This is the Clowns' gift to their friend because they are still a family even though he has retired and left their crew. Their crew is a family, not just a group of people who only join for profit, so they have a strong bond with each other, even with their retired members.

For the next few days, Flintstone stays in Clownland with his wife. He is getting used to his artificial organs very quickly. They already feel like his own limbs now and he slowly gets into his old shape.

He spars with the others and gets defeated easily because they all have obviously gotten much stronger since he left the crew. But everyone is impressed seeing Flintstone still has his touch even with everything that has happened to him.

"How about coming back to the crew?"

"Thanks for the offer, Cricket, but I don't think that's a good idea. I am not strong enough to be in the strongest pirate crew now. My risk of dying is very high here and I can't just think of myself now. There's someone who I can't leave, so I can't die."