428. Bullying The Kids

At night, the Straw Hats are surprised to see they are fine after being beaten up by Buggy. Wyper explains that this happens every day to them in this war. They never get seriously injured, except for him who overused his Reject Dial.

"It's like he was never serious against us as if he is just playing with us. The difference in power is just too much. Nothing we've done could injure him even one bit."

Wyper looks very frustrated and the Straw Hats can understand that. They've just fought Kuroko Buggy once, but they have felt the hopelessness already. Even so, they have started it, so they can't back down now.

The Sky people are preparing for another battle tomorrow, so the Straw Hats also prepare themselves. They still have 2 more days to defeat Kuroko Buggy. If they can't defeat him in 2 days, then he will take the gold in the City of Gold which means he will destroy it, and they can't let that happen.

Although the Straw Hats don't have anything to do with the place, they still want to fight. Not only do they want the gold too, but they also want to explore this place peacefully, and they can't do it without defeating Kuroko Buggy. Well, even if they don't choose to fight, Buggy will chase them and force them to fight him.

The next day, they attack Kuroko Buggy who camps outside the City of Gold again. Wyper doesn't join because his hands are broken, so he needs to rest. But they have more forces now because the Straw Hats will join them.

Even so, their attack on Kuroko Buggy today still doesn't work at all. Buggy is playing with them and overwhelming them till the end. He also plays with the Straw Hats now by only evading or defending their attacks until they get exhausted.

Then on the last day, Buggy is changing his method again. Instead of waiting for their attack, he is the one who launches the attack. He attacks their camp near the edge of Upper Yard and now he really goes on the offensive.

His attacks aren't powerful because he doesn't want to take them out too fast. He messes with them till the end, making them feel frustrated and hopeless. They can't even scratch him even after doing many things that surely could defeat Crocodile a few more times.

"Very disappointing, kiddos. If you are only this strong, then don't hope you will survive Grandline. You might reach the end of Paradise, but you'll surely get trashed in New World. All of you are not ready for the higher stages."

The Straw Hats look at Kuroko Buggy while lying on the ground after getting beaten up badly. Buggy now really beat them to pulps because this will be their last battle. There's no need to even mention this as a battle, it's just bullying.

"A cowardly sniper who can't shoot fast, a reindeer without good skills who only has power that isn't that much either, a woman who can grow her body parts but doesn't have enough power, a girl who kept running away, a kicker who get distracted easily by women, a swordsman with 3 swords who kept rushing without thinking, a fireman whose fire isn't that hot nor powerful, and a rubber man who only knows how to keep going who coincidentally is the Captain too but can't direct his crew members. You don't work well as a crew. Might as well call yourselves individual sailors who banded together. Such disappointment."

Kuroko Buggy turns around and walks away, but then Luffy shouts at him to wait. They still want to fight, so they try to get up slowly, but their bodies have gotten injured too much. Willpower alone won't be able to help them get up and fight again.

"I have advice for you. Sometimes you need to force yourselves to surpass your limits to win battles. But it's better to know your limits and not overestimate yourselves. As pirates, when you face strong opponents, it's either you surpass them or get killed by them. You need to be wise when you choose to either fight your enemies or leave them alone until you get stronger. Because most of the time, when you lose the battle, you'll also lose your lives."