457. Father Arrives

Leo recorded his conversation with Gordon using a recorder. Then he leaves it in Uta's room for her to hear in the hope that she will change her mind. He doesn't bother Uta again after that and waits to see the result.

But 2 days later, he finds out about the war in Marineford through the newspaper. It's such a great event, so the news spread to the whole world. Every page of the newspaper is filled with articles of war in Marineford.

Leo is very surprised to know that his dad and Luffy were participating in that war. Luffy is only mentioned a few times, but his dad is filling every article. Buggy has taken Whitebeard's spotlight and became the main character of that war, after all.

The whole war was broadcasted, so the journalists could see everything that happened there, including Buggy's feat. Disguising himself then escaped Impel Down, infiltrating the war, making some Warlords retreat just by revealing his true identity, holding off all 3 Admirals alone, and lastly killing Big Mom in seconds.

The articles are full of Buggy as if they forget that the war was initially between Whitebeard Pirates and Marines that happened because of Ace's execution. It just shows just how much impact Buggy made in the war.

A few papers suddenly drop out of the newspaper when Leo reads with widened eyes. He checks the papers which are bounty posters attached to the newspaper. His eyes widened even more and his jaw drops to the floor very hard. After all, the posters have the new bounties of Clown Pirates.

'Clown Lord' Buggy: 6 billion
'Red Fists' Montblanc Cricket: 3.69 billion
'Black Hammer' Palu: 2.23 billion
'Thunder God' Enel: 2 billion
'Demon Giant' Magnus: 1.9 billion
Mantis 'The Dancer': 867 million
'Fatman' Manba: 734 million
'Rainbow Hair' Bunglon Deon: 722 million
'Soul King' Brook: 687 million
'Ash Girl' Ariella Jude: 673 million
'The Inventor' Ruff: 656 million
'Top Gun' Maverick: 636 million
'Lord's Hand' Dela: 400 million

The Marines really raised Buggy's bounty to 6 billion as he asked. Cricket's bounty increased by 2 billion while Palu, Enel, and Magnus have their bounties increased by 1 billion. The others with the exception of Maverick who gets a raise of 500 million are getting their bounties increased by 300 million.

Other than the executives, every member of Clown Pirates gets a bounty now. Those who already have it get small raise, while those who didn't have bounties finally get their bounties. But their bounty posters aren't attached because there are too many of them.

So the Marines made a list of them on some papers. Their bounty posters are available on Marine bases. So bounty hunters who wish to get more detailed information available in bounty posters can get them in Marine bases.

"Damn, so Dad is that strong, huh? He is strong enough to fight 3 Admirals alone. Even 1 Admiral already has enough strength to destroy our whole crew without breaking a sweat. I can't even imagine how strong the 3 of them are, and Dad could fight them alone. Then he even killed an Emperor of The Sea who is said to be on par with an Admiral easily. Some articles even say that my dad might be able to defeat the 3 Admirals if he was serious."

If Leo didn't meet Garp and was told that his dad is the strongest man alive, then he won't believe this news. Even so, he was still underestimating the title of world strongest previously. Only now that he starts to understand how powerful the world's strongest is.

"I can't stay idle anymore or I won't catch up to my dad and achieve my dream. Uta's matter is standing in my way, so I will settle this as fast as possible and return to Sabaody to meet my crewmates again."

Leo still can't make any solid plan to stop Uta and the girl hasn't shown any reaction after he gave her the recording. He will wait a few more days before deciding what to do. For now, he will watch how the situation will unfold first.