473. Terrifying Levels

Imu's control over the surrounding lava makes Buggy assumes that he can control everything with fire property. It makes Buggy wonders what kind of mythical creature Imu transformed into for him to have that kind of power.

Buggy destroys every lava bullet that rains down on him with just the sword in his right hand. The bullets are too big to be called bullets anymore though. There are many of them, but Buggy destroys every single one that is aimed at him.

However, he is too focused on the incoming lava projectiles that he doesn't realize Imu is making another move. Imu suddenly appears behind him with a massive lava fist ready to be shot. A low hook aimed at Buggy's right body is coming at a very high speed.

Buggy only notices the attack when it's about to hit him. He knows instantly that he can't dodge, so he braces himself and the lava fist hits him. The collision creates a very powerful impact that spreads everywhere like ripples.

Imu frowns when he realizes that his lava punch doesn't really touch Buggy's body. There is a very small gap that only both of them notice between his lava punch and Buggy's hardened black skin. Buggy managed to block the punch using advanced armament in the nick of time.

But because it was a hasty action, his advanced armament defense become weak. The lava punch might not touch his body, but most of the impact still passes through. Buggy is sent flying to the left and then he crashes onto the lava ground, splashing hot lava everywhere as a big crater is formed.

Imu stares at the new crater and frowns because Buggy is nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, dust-like particles rise from the center of the crater. They get closer to each other and slowly form a human figure, shocking Imu a little.

Buggy stares at Imu while reforming his body that he chopped to a cellular level to reduce the impact of his crash. He couldn't cover his whole body with armament haki on time, so he used this method which was much easier for him and could be done in a split second.

It doesn't mean he is completely unharmed though. That attack was very powerful and even after doing that, he still received considerable damage. The impact of the crash is considerably strong that it could still form a big crater even after Buggy tried to reduce it by chopping his body to the cellular level.

It makes him wonder just what would happen to his body if he didn't reduce the impact. Even now, he already gets some internal damage that makes blood drips out of his mouth. He patches the damage by reforming his organs, but it's not a permanent solution, so he still needs Manba's treatment.

Buggy looks around and realizes that there's no lava in the crater. Every bit of lava here has been pushed away by the impact of his crash. He looks at Imu who stares at him with a slight shock in his eyes. Buggy wipes the blood that dripped from his mouth and places his palms on the ground as he crouches.

"Such a disadvantageous battleground, I will remove it. When things aren't in your favor, then you need to change it."

Buggy grins before his hair and clothes suddenly flutter up as if there is a strong wind coming from below. His eyes also shine white, making it looks as if he doesn't have pupils. This only happens for a few seconds before he returns to normal.

Imu is really confused because he doesn't know what Buggy did. But then, that confusion turns into shock once more, an even bigger shock than before as he sees many lava and red rock cubes floating around him. Even the lava beneath him has become a cube and floats.

Buggy has chopped the lava and the red rock ground beneath the lava into cubes using his awakened devil fruit ability. Chopping a very large area like this consumed a lot of energy for him who has spent quite a lot of it since he cut the Red Line.