65

!Nova's POV!

All I felt was anguish and pain before everything stopped. All my senses felt like they have been stopped by a sudden force and after that nothing, neither I felt something nor I remember something.

All I remember is Adelard stabbing me and then here I am.
Where?
I also don't know but wherever this place is, it feels so warm and cosy, like home,even though there is nothing for miles, just a tree and a table.
The tree is ethereal. If I am not wrong then it is the Japanese pink blossom tree.
The petals are of soft pink colour and just by looking at it I can tell that they are very delicate.
Everything about this tree is beautiful almost alluring, it's like every beautiful thing in this world has a part of this tree.
The softness and the delicacy it holds is unnatural, unearthly.
Its like the softness and the innocence is manuplating my mind, my soul.
I just want to touch it, just want to feel it against my skin.
How would it f-

I staggered behind just in time.
I didn't even realised that I have moved so near to the tree.
Something about this tree is not right, just by looking at this tree I almost lost my mind.
What the fuck is this?!
This is no rocket science but the tree is surrounded by some kind of a magic and thanks the heavens that I didn't touched it.

"See! I was saying that she is worthy!"
I jumped back when I heard a quite familiar voice.
Turning around, I came face to face with Zeus and hus team.

"Please tell me that you were not behind this tree thing?"
I sighed already exhausted.

"Kind of" He gave an awkward chuckle.
I rolled my eyes at his tactics but then turned to the most sincere person in their group.

"Siria, what is all of this and where am I?" I asked her with a frown on my face.

"That tree is The Infernal Rise and you are at the border of the afterlife" She replied so kindly like I am not dead!

"The infernal rise?"

"If you touch this tree then the fire of hell will engulf you and you will be the slave of demons of hell for eternity"
I can't help but blink at Zeus. At his stupidity.

"By chance. Just. By. Chance, if ai were to touch that tree, The demons would have taken me till now?"

"Yeah, but you d-"

"The fuck Zeus! Are you stupid?! Dumb?! Autistic?! W-what are you?! You dead bastard imbecile!"

"W-wh-"

"If I wouldn't have gotten away from the tree right now I would be in the middle of a demon party serving them blood of hounds or something! Just because you wanted to prove something!? You dumb mot-"

"Okay... let's not make this an adult conversation, yeah?" Matt asked but I can only give him a tight lipped smile.

"I did that because I knew about your control over your mind-" "-My foot!-" "-and this gave them a perfect example to grant you your wish"
Zeus said.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"So I am dead"

They all nodded slowly making me sigh yet again.

"And why are you all here?"

"Because we are you gaurdian angles. How cool it is to have so many gaurdian angels!" I cringed at Victoria's high pitched voice.