56

!Third person's POV!

It has been days since everything happened and Nova and Luke had gone to Rome very frequently, the plan has been made and the blueprint of the machines are ready, but now the only two issues are to find the place where Adelard is opening the portal and to find enough Lubene.

Now, Luke had taken full responsibility of finding Lubene so they have to just figure out what Adelqrd is thinking.

The Cullens have not left Nova's side and even though she is not talking to any of them freely, she had to exchange a few words here and there.

Nova and Edward were awkward to say the least, Edward was doing everything to initiate conversations with her and she was doing everything to finish the conversations as soon as they started. He had been thinking and doing everything in his power to get her back but she has been showing him that how she doesn't need him, or how she is over him and have moved on.

Truth to be told, it is not that simple to move on from someone you love and maybe that was the reason she was trying to get attracted to Luke. Now, she know that she is playing with his feelings because at the end of the day she still loves Edward, but she just can't stop. Luke is everything a girl would dream about. Caring, sarcastic, protective, friendly and what not. That guy was the literal walking green flag.

Edward on the other had was developing anger issues which didn't got unnoticed by his family, he has been jealous of Luke for so many days now. Seeing Nova getting comfortable with Luke was a torture for him, and he was realising how stupid he was to ever leave her but it was to late, he don't have time to wallow now, he have to step up so that Luke doesn't win Nova's heart under any circumstance.

Nova was feeling the worst, she was scared because when they will be storing her powers it is going to pain so much and she was not ready for it physically or mentally, they have got only one chance, they cannot test their machines so basically Nova's life and the world is hanging on luck.

She is now making sure to spend time with the Avengers too so that they don't get even more suspicious. She know Tony and Bruce are watching her closely and the fact that Peter has started to hang out with her even more is getting quite suspicious for her. She cannot afford to blow this plan up and now she is doing everything in her power to distract Avengers time to time.

"Arghhhh, let me sleep" Nova turned around as she pulled the duvet up her head.

"Such a lazy ass, get up or I swear I'm going to pour a whole cup of water all over you" Steve grinned as he heard Nova sighing.

They know that she has been sleeping all night but she went to Rome with Luke to look over everything and it has taken quite a toll on her, Luke had a day off from his job so he had chances to sleep in but she forgot that Steve especially, won't let her sleep.

She grumbled sitting up and glaring at Steve harshly which made him giggle like a little girl. She looked at him amused hut she couldn't give any thought to it because she was swaying from the lack of sleep and stumbled towards the washroom.

She heard Steve laugh before he got out of the room while she sighed, closing her eyes while sitting on the closed toilet seat. She just needed five minutes to close her eyes and regain her energy.

Her eyes jolted up when she heard a bang on her washroom door.

"It's been 15 minutes, what the hell are you doing in there?" It was Steve. She sighed when she realised that she was sleeping the whole time.

"Um.... constipation?" She said more like asked but shut her eyes tightly at the silly excuse she gave.

Constipation? Really? You could do so much better than this, you stupid fuck.