44

!Nova's POV!

I looked around to find myself alone, sighing I sat on the muddy ground pondering over their words.

Will I be powerful enough to defeat Adelard? Am I really their last hope? How does Troy knows my pain? Are they even real?! Stupid! I'm just daydreaming!

I sighed out in frustration and punched the ground a few times taking out my frustration but suddenly my surroundings started to change.

Great! I'm a fucking freak!

The scenes changing around me started to hurt my head so I just closed my eyes and waited for it change cause there is no way I can get out of here.

After a few moments I squinted my eyes and opened my left one lightly to see sun rising and shops made of wood around me covered with big pieces of cloth.

I got up again and stretched my body because of the sudden feeling of stiffness in me.

"Burn them! Burn them! Burn them!" I heard various voices shouting from a distance.

Okay, this is not weird at all and I'm sure as hell not creeped out.

I took a deep breath and started walking towards the sound of the voice. Why does this place feels familiar?

I walked a few minutes more to find a crossroad and in the middle some poles with people tied to it. Oh god don't tell me it's what I'm thinking!

Many people were standing with those old age torches, chanting looking furious.

I raised my eyebrows and started walking through them. It looked like a whole town has been gathered here.

I walked to the front to see a Priest with a thick book most likely to be a bible, and a man in lavish clothes compared to the one standing in the group.

Now as I was in the front I could see a platform where all the poles were attached and when I looked above my heart came out from my mouth.

Oh for fuck's sake! What the bloody fuck is this?!

Zeus, Victoria, Siria and Matt were tied on the pole by their legs and arms and people were demanding to burn them.

The horror in my mind was making it hard for me to breath.

The Priest started to chant the prayer from the bible.

"Au nom du Père, du Fils et du Saint-Esprit. In the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit. Amen. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

Is he seriously performing exorcism infront of the whole town and in the middle of the town?!

"We shall now burn them and as we do we shall pray that their spirits will be under the protection of god and in the next birth they shall be pure and innocent humans, just like us" The Priest said as the town cheered.

Are they fucking serious?! Pure and innocent just like them?! Burning someone in front of the whole town is innocence! My foot!

I ran infront of the platform and yelled at the top of my lungs.

"STOP! YOU BLOODY ASSHOLES!!" But my voice fell deaf on their ears as the people made way for three men carrying oil in it.

"OH FOR GOD'S SAKE! STOP THIS NONSENSE! THEY ARE INNOCENT!"