29

(A/N: We all deserve a double update!!)

!Nova's POV!

I opened my eyes slightly but quickly shut it as bright lights attacked my eyes.

Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes again, squinting as I placed my hand on my nose, feeling a tube making me sigh.

Great! I landed directly in the hospital......... Again

I tried taking off the tube when a hand stopped me.

I quickly looked at the direction of the hand and saw Edward with a smile making me sigh.

"You are the first person I've ever seen who tries to take out the oxygen tube as soon as she wakes" He said chuckling making me smile.

"So...... James?" I asked.

"Dead" He said plainly.

"Thank god! That bastard nearly killed me!" I sighed out.

"I am so sorry" Edward said abruptly making me look at him in confusion.

"For what?" I asked as he took my hand and gently rubbed it.

"Because of me you are in position, I am the reason he nearly killed you" He sounded so broken and my heart shattered seeing him like this.

"Yes....... You are the reason I am still alive and breathing, thankyou!" I smiled at him but he shook his head.

"No, Nova, you don't understand—" He started but I interrupted him.

"Edward, stop blaming it on you, you sucked the venom out of me and stopped!" I insisted.

"Barely" he muttered making me smile again.

"But you did" I said softly.

"So when am I going to get discharged?" I asked with hopeful voice.

"Soon" he answered making me groan.

~Time skip~

I was dozing off while reading a thriller book that I've been wanting to read since forever.

Thanks to Rosalie I got to read this because the medications make me want to sleep all the time.

!Edward's POV!

I went to Nova's room with a decision but I don't know why I am very nervous to ask her. Everyone said it would be fine to ask but I am still hesitant.

I reached her room and opened the door slowly and saw her dozing off while reading some book.

Her grip was loose around the book and she was ready to fall any moment.

She looked so cute while sleeping but I have to change her position so that she will not fall from the bed.

I slowly went towards her bed and took the book out of her grasp and kept it on the side table then I tried to to make a stupid attempt to make her lay down which made her groan.

"Uhh–Oh Edward! Hey!" She said straightening up making me sigh.

"Sorry... Just dozed off" She chuckled awkwardly.

"What happened?" She asked and I was again nervous.

"Well....... Just wanted to ask you to prom, maybe?" I chuckled at myself and looked at her.

Her eyes were wide and her mouth was a little open.

"Well?" I asked as she cleared her throat.

"Yea.... Uhh–I... Um... Sorry I–it's just" She stammered making me smile.