57

!Nova's POV!

After that rather interesting event Luke and I have become awkward maybe because he realised that what he did was actually a mistake and what I am feeling towards him is a mistake.

That kiss...... it was mind blowing, I loved how delicately he handled me but I am still not over Edward so even if I try to make a move on us there will always be a part in me thinking that I am just using Luke to get over Edward and that's what I don't want.
I want to get over that self centered bastard before I make a move on Luke.

Anyways, today again I'll be sneaking to Rome with Luke so I am ready with my hair in a high ponytail and my warm clothes. It's been almost a month which marks the end of February and the machine is almost complete. Once the first model is complete, they will check it by taking my powers and storing it in the machine and if it is a success then they will build two more which Luka thinks will be easy as they would already have all the formulae and structure of the machine.

To be honest I was just nodding my head just to give him an illusion that I am understanding everything but in reality my mind is not in centre and not capable of understanding anything.

I am already scared out of my guts by the face that there are high chances of me getting a ticket to hell and not to mention the pain. I just hope that I won't die right after giving my powers to those stupid machines. That would be funny though but I won't be able to kill Adelard. Bummer.

Edward has been trying to talk to me but I don't think I will be talking to him anytime soon. He just left me giving such a stupid, embarrassing and ego-hurting reason and I need time to control my anger and ego towards him.

To be honest with myself, I am not that angry at him but I never said that I will not throw attitude at him. He better have a good explanation for what he did but it still hurts knowing that the person I trusted just left me when I needed him, call them trust issues but what is the guarantee of him not leaving me again? Afterall, he didn't gave me anything to trust or to hold on and I am neither that stupid nor that pitiful that I'll just let him waltz into my life again as if noth—

My thoughts halted when I heard the sizziling sound of the portal open in my room behind me. I turned around to look at Luke coming in my room.

"You ready?" He asked and I hummed in response, picking up my phone and walking towards him and the portal.

"Let's go" He said and we both stepped out of the portal and entered the lab where the machine is getting prepared.

"Listen—" Luke stopped me, grabbing my wrist and somehow I knew what this is going to be about "— whatever happened in Norway, I don't want it to get between our friendship, it was just a heat of the moment and we both couldn't stop ourself and we should get over with it unless..... you have feelings for me" He smirked as he said the last line making me roll my eyes. Atleast he had the guts to clear the things.

"It was bound to be awkward but now as you are clearing things up then I guess we will be fine and as for 'feelings' I am more than sure that I have nothing for you..... not even, this much" I joint the tip of my thumb and index finger, showing him what I meant even if it is not the whole truth.

"Hmm..... then we should be fine" He said and I gave him a nod before we started to walk in the lab.

"Nova, the machine is finally complete, come on, let's test" One of the scientist said and my face turned into a grimace. I am not ready to feel the pain but I don't have any other option, we are running out of time and I don't know when that son of a bitch attacks the world. I have been feeling the pain of my powers sucking out of me frequently and it only shows how desperate Adelard is becoming, whatever he is doing, it is becoming a fast process.