13

!Nova's POV!

I started hearing voices but didn't had the strength to open my eyes.

Everything that had happened came crashing down to me as I heard them argue over something.

"And how do you know that?!?!"

"Because I am the doctor and she is not responding to us" another voice said calmly.

"Hey" Edward's voice rang through my head making me smile internally.

"I don't know if you are able to hear me but I wanted to tell you that Elena's safe and there were ten more children that Avengers rescued. Elena's mom came today morning and after seeing her daughter she was dying to meet you but Carlisle said that you won't respond so she is still with her daughter" He informed.

And now I just wanted to reply him and open my eyes but I couldn't. I don't know why but I am not able to.

"You gave us a scare there Nova and I saw that memory of yours. How did you survive that? I am so sorry that you have to go through this and I know that you would never tell this to anyone so I only told this to Jasper, Emmett, Alice and Rosalie, when you get up please, please talk to us about it" He said again as I mustered all the strength I had in me to open my damn eyes.

As soon as I opened I was met by a very bright light making me squint them.

"Oh my god! you are awake!!" Someone yelled before the lights went off and I was able to see normally.

I saw Alice, Jasper, Edward and......... Tony?

"Hey" I said weakly.

"How're you, kid?" Tony asked.

"Well other than a massive headache and feeling of my body on fire.......... Peachy" I said making him scoff.

"Very funny, ha. Ha. Ha!" He said sarcastically.

"Thank-you!" I said but then winced.

"You fine?" He asked again making me roll my eyes.

"Other than massive headache and feeling of my body on fire......... I am fine" I said truthfully as he dragged a chair towards my bed and sat down.

"You have made good friends in Forks" he said making me furrow my eyebrows.

"The three of them are sitting since 4 hours and their siblings also came in shifts.

I turned my head a little to meet with smiling faces of Alice, Jasper and Edward.

As my eyes met with Edward a little blush crept up to my cheeks making me wonder if I like him or not?

He chuckled and then I realised that he read my thoughts!

"A little privacy there, Mr. Cullen!" I exclaimed making Tony look at me in confusion.

"You alright?" He asked as I nodded.

"Just an inside joke, how is everyone?" I asked.

"Well, because of you we got to know about the bases of HYDRA so Nat and Clint with Steve are there inspecting and Bruce is with Dr. Cullen and Wanda was too scared to come and I am—"

"Passing time" I interrupted him.

"Never gonna change are you?" He asked as I struck my tongue out making him sigh.

"I am going to call the doctor and get some coffee, okay?" He said as I nodded and he left.

I coughed and turned to look at my friends.

"Are you all fine?" I asked making them chuckle.

"Yes, we are" Alice said making me smile.

"Thank-you for helping me you know" I said as Edward came to me.

"You were the one who took all those horrible things to save your friend" he said making me smile.

"Thanks for the credit and if you don't want I will gladly take it but your all vamp-powers made it possible for me and Elena to survive" I said as he nodded.

"Well, we can take credit there" he said making me laugh but hissing immediately.

"Shh! You have broken ribs, it will pain if you laugh like a monster!" Alice said making us all laugh but I laughed lightly this time.

"Well, we haven't hunted in days, shall we go, Edward?" Jasper asked making me look at them.

"Days?" I asked as he nodded.

"Since when I am admitted in this hospital?" I asked.

"5 days" Jasper replied simply making me look at him.

"5 days?!?! What about school?" I asked.

"Mr. Swan told them that she has went somewhere" he said making me sigh in relief.

"Let's go, Edward?" Alice asked making me look at him but he was already looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to give any response.

"You go, I'll come in sometime" he said as they nodded and left.

"Sit on the chair" I said motioning towards the chair in which Tony was sitting.

He nodded and went to sit on the chair and looked down at me.

"I am so sorry" he said making me look at him.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"They were treating you so badly and torturing you and I was not able to do anything, I feel guilty watching my mate getting hurt! I am so so sorry!!" He said looking down fidgeting with his hand.

I raised my right hand grabbed his hand from scratching each other.

"It was not your mistake and trust me if you would have done something we wouldn't have been able to find Elena or the other kids" I said making him look at me.

"Now, what are mates?" I asked as he took an unnecessary deep breath before explaining.

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆
*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

I am trying very hard to write short chapter but I don't think I am succeeding but then also I will try.

Do vote and comment on the story and give your suggestions, I would love to read them!!

OvEr AnD OuT!!