19

!Nova's POV!

We both reached my house and saw a white car parked making me confuse.

I looked towards Edward and he was also confused just like me.

I got out of the car quickly and made my way to the house, Edward trailing just behind me.

"Who's car is this?" Edward asked making me shrug as I opened the door of the house.

"It must be Nova" I heard Charlie say as he came to the door.

"Finally..... Someone's waiting for you" He said making me look at him weirdly.

"Who?" I asked as he shrugged his shoulders with a smile.

Me and Edward followed him inside the house and when we entered the living room a squeal erupted from my lips.

There stood Elena with her mother and had a big smile gracing her face.

My smile soon faded when I looked at her state. She looked weak from the lack of food and had dark circles under her eyes.

She was standing but was leaning on her mom. I sighed and closed my eyes taking a calming breath as I opened my eyes again looking at my best friend.

The only thing I felt was guilt. It was because of me she was in this condition. If they wouldn't have contacted me first I would have lost her. Jeremy would have lost her. And the reason would be me.

"Hey" She said softly breaking me out of my thoughts. Her voice was raspy and strained making me even more angry on myself.

"I am so sorry" I said quietly not meeting her eyes knowing that I would break down.

"I am sorry" I said again as tears brimmed in my eyes and I fought them to be away.

"Hey, it was not your mistake!" Elena said walking two steps forward but wincing and losing her balance.

Edward ran towards her preventing her to fall as I walked near her.

"Mrs. Jones...... Can you please leave" I said with my eyes furrowed.

She nodded and left the house with Charlie.

A tear slipped from my eyes knowing that it was all my mistake.

"Don't cry, please" She said but I ignored her taking her hand as I forced her to put all her weight on me.

I helped her to the sofa and she sat down.

"Hey, talk to me" She said and I crouched infront of her and sniffed.

"Please.......leave" I said closing my eyes not letting a single tear fall.

"No! No, I need you, you need me! The promise we made 'always having each others back'? We are not going to break it!" Elena said making it more difficult for me.

Before I could say something the door opened making me look at Edward who nodded at me.

I looked back and saw the Cullen siblings making me sigh.

"Who are they?" Elena asked nodding towards them.

"Friends" I answered shortly not wanting to talk to her.

The self guilt was killing me knowing that I have powers I was not able to save a teen-ager from the torture. The torture which nearly broke me.

She was supposed to have a normal life without these things. These things leaves a mark for the rest of the life which shows itself in panic attacks, nightmares, feeling of being in constant threat and I didn't wanted it to be this way for her.