Acknowledgments

Twelve-year-old me had no idea, holy fuck.

I wrote a sappy speech at the end of this book last year when I published the old version. But today? Let's make things different.

First of all, I would like to thank absolutely fucking no one.

In 2017, the original idea of Tomorrow's Last Breath sparked in 12 y/o-me's mind.

After never having a plot or planned storyline, I began writing it down in a notebook, then transferred it into an empty draft on StoryBan.

That's how my idea came to life, horrifically executed, back in 2022.

After calling this draft a "done story", I rewrote it (too many times), to the point where Aidan and Valencia had a happy end, living a peaceful life with a daughter. Did I like it? No.

So, naturally, 17 y/o-me decided to traumatize them even more and rewrote the fourth draft of 2023 in a LibreOffice document, only for me to open it a year later and think "Such Bullshit."

And now I'm almost 19, traumatized to my core, but I found a way to cope with it.

Projecting my trauma onto my characters has been the best therapy I could ever receive next to the sticky elementary school therapist who wanted to tell my anxiety to "Chill and take a breath."

After a whooping 160k words, this book is officially done and ready and - hot Cheetos with cheesy dust - I can rest and settle knowing none of my characters survived.

Everyone is probably still crying when they are reading these acknowledgments here. I cried about Sina's and Suraya's death, okay?

If someone might come up with the idea to revive them in another universe, I am quite possibly dead.

Hand your therapy bills over to the local campfire, I am broke.

Thank you, though - through all of your tears - for making my dream come true: writing a story that people cry over :)

Although for you, Jason, I'll make an exception when it's my time to go back to hell, and I hope the devil already has a reserved spot for you to burn in.

Moral of the fri-end-ship:

Don't fake your death with cancer.

Not on Fay Willows.