Chapter 89

Believing in Lies

2035

Valencia

The sun is up, early morning, as I walk out of the concrete building, practically running at this point. I want to get back to Henry as soon as possible. A sob escapes my lips as I grind my teeth to keep going. This was a mistake from the beginning - I should have never trusted him.

Him. Aidan.

The person who saved my brother's life by getting me to the pharmacy. Now, I can't deny the fact that I got attached. I should have never allowed that place in my heart. We don't know each other and yet ...

We put our trust in someone too fast.

My vision blurs as more tears bubble up.

I am weak - weak for mourning over someone that I should have never had the choice to like.

I know the way we came from, I can figure it out. I'll go back to the bunker, grab Henry, go home and live my life further.

It's just the same way we went, but reversed.

And then I will be happy. Happy. Erasing the part that includes Aidan from my memory too.

But the more I think about it, my heart cracks in the middle - because I know that I won't be happy. My life won't be the same as it was. Ignoring his presence would just be like the situation with the deceased people in the basement.

I messed up.