Chapter 105

Feeling Her Soul

Aidan

She is alive, she is real, I can feel her heartbeat pounding under my hands, vividly - as real as it can get.

Valencia looks up at me, her back on the mattress. I have no idea what I'm doing, and she has neither - and for some reason, it's working.

Valencia wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me even closer to her until I feel like there isn't an atom of space left between us.

Her lips part from mine for a brief second. "We're going to be alright, aren't we..." she whispers.

We are, I won't let anything happen to her. We will be okay, we are going to be alright. We will be alright.

"We will be alright," I whisper as a reply and our kiss deepens again. We can't keep our hands to ourselves, they are everywhere.

"Vally-" I suddenly grunt through my teeth when her nails dig into my bare back, almost making the skin bleed. "Sorry, sorry..." Valencia whispers and her hands fly to my hair, getting tousled there.

Oh, how we long for each other.

My hands graze her cheek with the elongated scar I have seen on there a long time ago already and our eyes lock again.

Somewhere on the ground, between our shirts and shoes, we left all measures to stay just neighbors, just friends, just Lovers. Somewhere there, we left behind all the tension – if only momentarily – and our pasts, setting us apart.

"Aidan-" Valencia whispers under her breath, "Oh, my Aidan."