Chapter 71: Last night's work was in vain.

Thanks to Qin Rushuang, a windproof stone wall more than half a meter high had already been built on the first day she lived in the cave.

Otherwise, Anya, who was huddled and sleeping soundly behind the stone wall, would be directly awakened.

Wind allows sparks to blow on straw mats and wood, which can easily cause accidents such as fires.

But even if there was a stone wall to isolate her, she did not dare to relax her concentration.

She was always on the lookout for sparks and debris blown into the air by the strong winds.

She put a piece of wood of suitable thickness in the fire and let the fire gradually burn.

Feeling the heat rushing towards her face, Qin Rushuang's anxiety deepened.

Zhang Liu...

You should be fine...

Come back early; Anya and I are waiting for you!

at this time...

"Oooow..."

The midnight wolf's howl pierced the sky at this time.

Qin Rushuang, who was sitting by the fire, and Anya, who was sleeping soundly, did not react.

Qin Rushuang could almost estimate that it was already late at night. After hearing the sound of wolves howling at this point.

But on both sides of the forest where the wolves were, Zhang Liu and Qin Ruyan, who had fallen asleep in the dark, immediately woke up.

The wolf's howl was very close to both of them.

After feeling so frightened that they woke up directly, the two were able to distinguish the chanting sound of the second round of howling.

Today's wolf howls seem to contain other sounds similar to roars.

They don't know if it's hunting time...

Zhang Liu didn't think much; he just extended his hand to firmly grip the spear with his femur, then focused all his attention on the direction the wolf's howl came from.

One of his ears and his cheek were pressed firmly to the ground.

At this point, having sand on your face or rubbing your nose with sand while breathing, which is usually uncomfortable, has become completely inconsequential.

For Zhang Liu, it would be extremely useful to be able to hear if there were any scary monsters approaching you earlier.

On the other hand, Qin Ruyan suddenly changed from lying on the weeds to lying on her back on the weeds, looking around with alert eyes.

But there were no stars or moon outside at that moment, and the entire forest was obscured by trees, so it was pitch dark.

She couldn't see anything around her clearly, so she could only lower her breathing rate as much as possible to slow down her heartbeat and then squeeze the knife tightly.

The girl was constantly shaking.

Although she had made mental preparations in advance to approach the forest where the wolves were,

But now that she was actually close, Qin Ruyan had nothing but fear.

A petite girl wearing a plaid shirt and jeans was huddled on a pile of grass with a nervous expression on her face, the protruding rocks on the seashore on which her back was resting being her only support at that moment.