Chapter 20: You don't want Zhang Liu to know about this, do you?

Qin Rushuang and Anya harbored their own worries and eventually succumbed to sleep under the influence of drowsiness.

In the early morning of the next day, only the foggy area in the eastern part glowed with some light, and Zhang Liu had already woken up.

His dream had startled him.

Zhang Liu dreamed that his two sisters were holding a funeral for him, mirroring the funeral he had organized for his parents five years ago when he was thirteen.

In the dream, his two sisters also paid respects at every Qingming festival. The difference was that he, being inexperienced, couldn't bring other foods in advance during his first year of worship. Hungry on the way down the mountain, he ended up eating steamed buns and grilled chicken served in front of other people's graves. His two sisters consumed his offerings in the first year...

After eating, the two went down the mountain, talking and laughing.

What kind of eerie dream is this? Why steal other people's offerings and eat them?

Zhang Liu sighed wordlessly, about to smile, but suddenly felt a strong sadness in his heart. It flowed along the tip of his nose, leaving nothing but sorrow.

The reason he'd rather risk stealing than eat his parents' food is that he doesn't want them to see their son in such an embarrassing situation, unable to afford even basic sustenance.

Zhang Liu shook his head, showing a disdainful smile. He's much stronger now than he was five years ago. Now, he would unabashedly lean on his father's tombstones and eat steamed buns, prioritizing sustenance over saving face.

Thinking of the steamed buns, hunger gripped Zhang Liu again, and he stared blankly at the darkness above his head.

Only then did he realize he had woken up from sadness.

He just woke up hungry...

He really wanted to eat big, soft steamed buns...

Even if it's a tribute from his parents...

Lying down and turning over, Zhang Liu quickly gathered his emotions, silently waiting for the sky to completely light up. Today marks the third day on the desert island, and the imminent issue to address is fire.

Curled up to fight the morning chill, Zhang Liu secretly resolved to create some sparks today.

At this moment, he heard Anya's voice coming from beside him.

“Zhang Liu, are you awake?”

“Yeah, I’m awake.” Zhang Liu sighed when he heard Anya speaking.

After returning yesterday, he deliberately ignored the fact that the other party had been bitten by a snake, just to avoid any psychological pressure on Anya.

But deep down, Zhang Liu was still worried about Anya.

Hearing this energetic greeting at this moment, he immediately felt relieved.

However, Zhang Liu still asked, “How is your wound? Does it still hurt?”

Anya did not answer but reached down her skirt, touched the wound, and then said, “It must be a healed surface.”

“That's good.” The place of the wound was rather distinct, and Zhang Liu knew that he couldn't ask more questions or check it personally. He was planning to ask Qin Rushuang to help carefully check for any redness and swelling later.