Mom

Christian tries to figure out what to get his mom for his first mother's day with her.

"First, we'll serve mom breakfast in bed after she wakes up to a gorgeous bouquet of flowers that dad got her. Then, she'll open gifts after a luxurious bubble bath. And to finish, we'll treat her to a wonderful dinner." Sarah went through the plans that Christian's long-lost family are going to be doing for mother's day.

Jacob has his arms crossed casually. "Sounds good." He glanced at Christian to his left. "What gift did you get? Roger and I made mom a couple fur coats with Troy's help."

Sarah smiled. "I ordered chocolate covered strawberries from her favorite chocolate shop."

Christian drooped as he looked at the ground. "I haven't gotten her a gift yet."

"Why not?" Sarah asked him.

"This is the first ever mother's day I'll be celebrating, so I'm not sure what to get her."

"What about your foster parents?"

"They had biological children, so I either made or bought thank you cards cause I didn't want to overstep any boundaries."

Sarah and Jacob looked at each other then their long-lost brother. "Well, this year you get to buy a mother's day card." Sarah said.

"Yeah. And we'll even help you pick a gift if you want." Jacob added.

Christian looked at them. "Really?"

"Really."

Christian's on the verge of crying. "Thank you."

After classes, Christian is at the mall trying to find his long-lost mom a gift with his brother and sister tagging along.

"You could never go wrong with perfume." Jacob told Christian.

Sarah hummed. "True, but John already purchased mom a bottle of Dior."

"Huh." Jacob said. "How about a new purse then?" Sarah sucked in air. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ashley already bought mom a year's worth of purses and bags while going out shopping with Jessie and the kids."

"You gotta be kidding me."

"Afraid not."

"Sweets?"

"Jessie and the kids baked lots of goodies, last night."

Christian began to feel discouraged when someone greeted him. Looking to the side is his boyfriend holding a box wrapped in floral wrapping paper. "Jason."

"I didn't know you were going shopping here." Jason told Christian.

Christian sagged. "We thought we could find something here, but."

Jason glanced at Sarah and Jacob discussing what to get their mom but mentioning different family members already buying or making them. "I see." He grabbed Christian's wrist. "Let's head to the card shop. I could use help picking one."

"Okay." Christian said. "Guys, I'm going to help Jason for a bit!" They waved him off as Jason tugged Christian along.

They walked down the crowded building, took the escalator up to the second floor, and headed to the card shop. It's illuminated brightly as aisles of cards are lined up in the middle as party supplies are displayed in the back corner.

Jason guided Christian to the card aisle with Mother's Day printed brightly with pink letters for all to see. Jason browsed through the cards before pulling one out. "What do you think of this one?" He handed it to Christian.

"Happy Mother's Day to a mom like no other." Christian read it aloud. "This is nice." He said. "Like the glittery orange flowers on the cover."

"Then it's settled." Jason spoke before taking the card from his boyfriend.

"You think my mom would like it?" Christian asked.

"What? No, this is for my mom."

"Oh." Christian mumbled sadly.

Jason looked at Christian sympathetically. "Now. Now. I'll help you pick a card too."

Christian looked defeated. "It better be a good one, since my mom is getting pretty much everything anyone could imagine."

Jason sighed. "Look, you've returned to your family due to a miracle, so I'm pretty sure anything you make or get her, she'll love it."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

Christian nodded his head. "You're right. I just want our first Mother's Day to be special."

Jason placed his hand on his shoulder. "And it will be." Christian placed his hand over Jason's appreciatively.

Out of the corner of his eye, Christian spotted a photo store across from the card shop and got an idea.

When Mother's Day arrived, "Happy Mother's Day!" Christian and his family shouted exuberantly.

Their mother smiled at them as a tray of food was presented to her in bed. After enjoying her breakfast and taking a bubble bath, everyone gathered in the family room to open presents as Sarah had predicted.

Gift after gift was given and opened before it was Christian's turn. "Happy Mother's Day, mom. I hope you like it." Christian handed her a rectangular gift wrapped in pink wrapping paper with a card on top.

When his mother opened the card, it had a bouquet of flowers in a cart that popped up with the words, "For a mom who is irreplaceable." On it. When she unwrapped Christian's gift, it was a picture of Christian with his siblings on the day they were reunited at the family manor with a lovely silver frame with hearts carved into the design.

"Oh, sweetie!" She lunged at Christian and gave him a bear hug.

"Can't breathe." Christian grumbled as his mom cried out tears of joy.
His siblings grinned at the scene.

"He nailed it."

"He sure did."

"Can't wait to see what he gets dad for Father's Day."

They talked amongst themselves as their mom continues crushing Christian in her arms.