Parent's Prequel

Calvin and Tracy meet.

Many years ago, "This is outrageous!" the leader of the Long-tail pack slammed his hands and glowered at the patriarch of the Dubois family.

"Everything is set in motion." The man's voice and face are as cold as stone.

"You vampirism scum have no right to force us out of our land, and demolish it." the man remains impartial.

"Fight it all you want, but nothing you do or say can change our minds." He stood from his seat. "If you'll excuse me."

"This isn't over! Do you hear me?!" the werewolf yelled at the retreating vampire.

"What are we going to do dad?" the older man looked at teen Tracy.

"I do not know my sweet. But we won't give up our home without a fight. That's a promise."

Tracy watched her father leave to discuss with the pack's council before storming off into the woods. When she was out of breath, she panted before screaming and kicking a tree.

She hears someone shouting in surprise before teenage Calvin fell with a loud thump onto the dirt. "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry." she rushed to help him up when she notices how well tailored his clothes are, and growled angrily before shoving him back onto the ground.

"What's the big idea?" he glowered at her, and she huffed.

"You vampires think you can just take over wherever and build whatever you please, but remember this, me and my pack won't give up our home without a fight."

Much to her surprise, he smiled. "I'm glad to hear that." he said.

Her eyes narrowed at him. "Are you mocking me?"

He shook his head. "I can assure you I am not. Believe or not, I am on your side."

"Oh really." She crossed her arms. "Why is it that I don't believe you?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "You don't have to, but I like coming out here to clear my mind. It's like an oasis out here." He pointed at the tree he fell off. "That is my secret hiding place. Well, was my secret hiding place."

Tracy is clenching her jaw tightly in an effort to not kill the young handsome man in front of her. "Too bad for you it's my pack's land, so it's technically my tree. So get out, before I maul you to death."

He didn't seem fazed by her threat. "Fair enough, but here's a word of advice. Using brute force will not work. Chances are, they will hypnotize you guys or use silver against you, so your best chance of saving this place is to find probable cause to keep them out, or find a better location that won't force people out of their homes."

She humphed at him. "Oh yeah? That's just talk. Walk the walk, and do it yourself if you want your precious tree back." She turned around and stomped away. "I'm getting reinforcements, so you better leave, or face the consequences."

"Wait." He grabbed her hand from behind and she whacked him one.

He knelt down and kissed her palm and smiled despite a bruise forming on his face. "I promise you I will do everything it takes to save your land." She feels her heart flutter before kicking him and running away.

When she returned home, she is panting. "Trace." She spots a couple of her sisters. "Are you alright? Your face is red."

She looked away and brushed passed them. "It's nothing. Just had an odd encounter with a critter." She muttered. Leaving them puzzled.

A couple days later, she is collecting firewood and spots Calvin sitting at his favorite tree with papers in his hands.

She dropped the wood in annoyance. "You gotta be kidding me." she stomped over and he looked up and smiled at her.