Dr. Creeper

Christian pays a visit to the supernatural dentist.

Christian groaned painfully in the blue Lexus that is transporting him to his destination.

"We are almost there." His sister Sarah assured from the driver's seat of the car.

"Thank God." He grumbled.

Sarah cringed with the G word but let it slip. "And don't worry. Doctor Creeper has been treating me and the others for years."

"That may be so, but I still am on edge about seeing a guy with that name."

"Don't jump to conclusions so soon." She said. "And don't try making a run for it, or you'll upset Jason."

Christian slumped in his seat silently thanking his lucky stars that his fiance had to work the same time as his appointment. He doesn't want to deal with a nagging Jason keeping him in a choke hold.

"We're here." Sarah announced as they pulled into the parking lot.

They unbuckled their seatbelts, exited the vehicle, and entered a dental office hidden in the far corner of a business building.

"Welcome." A young woman with purple complected skin greeted at the receptionist's desk. "How may I help you?" She asked.

"We have an eleven o'clock appointment with Dr. Creeper." Sarah spoke.

She checked the appointment schedule. "Oh yes.  Mr. Shear. If you can fill out these forms, and the doctor shall be with you shortly."

They took a seat next to a couple accompanied with their daughter covered in green scales.

"Okay." Sarah has the clip board in her hands. "Family medical history. Rabies. Yes. Typhoid fever. Yes. Yellow fever. Yes."

Christian's eyes widened. "You're kidding, right?"

"Afraid not." She answered. "Both sides of our family has a tremendous record of different diseases and illnesses."

"Should I be worried?"

"We all got vaccinated and are extra careful when we're in the wilderness."

"I never got shots." He spoke. "Only the ones humans gave me."

Upon overhearing him, the couple with their daughter scooted away cautiously.

"Right. Remind us to make another appointment for vaccines and a regular checkup."

Christian puffed his cheeks out knowing he would have to go to another doctor soon.

"No known allergies for food or medicines." She handed him the clip board. "All you have to do is sign, and wait to be called on." He sighed before signing his life away and handing the paper work to the purple receptionist before sitting down again.

"Christian Shear." A high-pitched voice called ten minutes later. He and Sarah got up and followed a young looking girl dressed in scrubs and has pink fairy wings on her back.

"Are those wings real?" He whispered so the girl couldn't hear them.

"What do you think?" She whispered back.

He has a thoughtful look on his face as they walk down the narrow corridor and go left.

They find themselves in a small  dimly lit room with a dentist chair with dental tools on a mini silver tray on the side and a hunchback wearing a white coat.

"Young Sarah." He spoke in a raspy voice. "Are you still keeping up your impeccable hygiene?"

"Of course." She answered.

"How's young Ashley since the last cavity?"

"She still eat tons of sweets, but says she's been brushing and flossing regularly."

"And young Roger and Jacob with their repaired teeth?"

"They are eating normally and haven't gotten into any fights recently."

"And your nieces and nephews?" Christian groaning cut them off. "And who is this?"

"This is my long-lost brother Christian."

He cringed upon hearing Christian's name. "All that is unholy, why that name?"

"Cause that's what my first foster parents named me." Christian stated.

When he finished cringing, "It's a pleasure meeting you. I am doctor Creeper. Please have a seat." Christian hesitantly sat on the dental chair. "Okay. Let's have a look see." He said as he grabbed the tools needed. Christian couldn't help trembling fearfully.

Sometime later, Christian is moaning painfully as drool trickles into the cup he's holding. "My poor baby." His mother rushed to him when Sarah escorted him inside the family mansion. "Come and sit on one of the love-seats and I'll grab some ice cream from the freezer." She's walking him into the den.

"What happened?" Jessie asked as the others gathered at the front entrance.

"It turns out his current canine teeth were still baby teeth and the  adult ones were crammed underneath them and needed to be extracted in order for them to grow out healthy." Sarah explained.

"Come again." Ashley spoke as everyone is flabbergasted with the news.

"How is that even possible?" Jessie questioned. "I thought supernatural baby teeth fell out early on."

"Dr. Creeper said it's very rare but it does happen. And that's not all we found out."

That peeked everyone's interest. "What else did you learn?" Their father began to feel concerned.

"You know how each of our canine teeth can determine the bite force as well as what species of animal we descended from?" Everyone nodded. "Well, it turns out Christian has dire-wolf fangs."

"What?!" Jacob screamed in surprise.

"That goofball who hates hunting animals got dire-wolf fangs?" Roger asked. Sarah nodded her confirmation. "Now that's what I call bull. If anyone should have those fangs that's me."

"Now Roger." Ashley spoke. "No need to feel jealous. You know how rare dire-wolf traits are inherited." He crossed his arms and sulked.

Sarah cleared her throat. "Anyways, Dr. Creeper prescribed these pain meds and said no solid food for about a week before going in to do a follow-up." She removed  a sandwich bag from her purse. "And here's his baby teeth."

Everyone looked in Awe. "Those are huge." Ashley said. "How on earth did those fit into his mouth?"

"Cause he has a big mouth?" Jacob teased and Jessie lightly slapped his arm.

Sarah chuckled. "His teeth are able to  retract, so they fit just fine." That's when they hear groaning coming from the other room.

"He sure knows how to surprise us by learning something new everyday about him." Jacob stated before they went  to check on their long-lost sibling.