The Beach

Everyone spends time together at the sea shore.

"Ah!" Christian screamed as a volleyball whacked his face and flew over the net where half his siblings missed as it hit the ground.

"Final point goes to Team Vamp." Tracy is refereeing the game as Calvin cheers on the sidelines. John silently waved a mini flag next to him.

"Beginner's luck. That's all it is." Roger hissed out.

Ashley flicked her wrist. "Don't be such a bad sport."

He growled as Jacob and Jessie calms him down.

Sarah is checking on Christian sprawled on the sand. "Are you alright?" He has swirly eyes and a red face.

He grunted in pain when Ashley rushed over to hug him. "Christian, you wonderful creature. This is the first time our team ever won."

He's grumbling incoherently before being seated down with a wet washcloth covering his face. Troy and Jason are happily sitting next to him playing chess underneath an over-sized umbrella with a folding table.

"I see you've survived, and won." Jason said as he moves pieces and hit the timer.

Troy humphed in annoyance as he moves his pieces and hits the timer to finish his turn. "I'll pay you when we are finished."

Christian removed the washcloth. "You guys made a bet?"

"Yup." Jason answered casually while

Troy sulked. "I thought for sure the werewolf half of the family would pummel you, but I guess not this time around."

Christian gawked at them. "How dare you." he was interrupted when Jessie came.

"We're going snorkeling, come on." she tugged him along as Jason and Troy continue their game peacefully.

When they got there, people are checking Christian's family out.

"We're here." she announced before removing her clothes to reveal her two-piece outfit.

"Fantastic!" Calvin exclaimed. "Here's a snorkel for everyone, and I've rented a couple boats."

Christian blinked at the snorkel in his hands. "Wait, there's no oxygen tanks." He yelped when John snuck from behind to remove his t-shirt, and is now wearing swimming trunks.

"That's what makes it adventurous." His father explained. "Now, let's head out."

Christian envisions himself either drowning or being chased by a shark and attempted to sneak away when a hand grabbed him from behind. "Oh no you don't." Jacob said as he's dragging him towards the boat they'll be on.

"What's the matter? Are you chicken?" Roger flapped his arms, and is clunking in order to tease him.

Christian puffed his cheeks out. "I just don't want to end up being fish food." he mumbled making them roll their eyes.

"Yeah. We aren't that lucky." Roger stated before they took off. When they arrived to a spot they deem good, they dropped anchor and are jumping in the water.

Christian hesitated before Ashley pushed him overboard. He spit water out and glared as she and his family laugh.

Feeling annoyed, he put the snorkel on and dived underwater. He is swimming over a patch of seaweed and headed towards a rock formation.

Feeling curious, he peeked into one of the holes only to have a jellyfish cling onto his face. He is screaming and flailing around as his family watch in amusement.

As he flailed frantically, he slammed into the same rock formation squishing the jellyfish and making his family grimace in disgust.

"Gross. Gross. Gross." He chanted as he's wiping the sea creature off with a beach towel.

Ashley clung to her linen. "Don't think your getting jellyfish guts all over my beautiful towel." He groaned in agony.

When they returned to shore, Christian rushed to the shower in the public locker room. "Thank god." He sighed in relief as the last of the jellyfish goes down the drain.

Before he could turn the water off,  a hand grabbed his wrist to stop him. Before he could scream, another hand covered his mouth.

"It's me." Jason whispered.

Christian freed himself and turned to face him. "What are you doing in here? You don't need a shower."

He smirked. "Isn't it obvious? Now, let's enjoy ourselves before lunchtime."

"Seriously?" Christian blushed when Jason clung to him. "Come on Jason. Not here. What if someone hears us? Oh."

After an extended shower, Christian's dad lifted a soda can. "Here's to a glorious day that I am sure we'll never forget."

"Why is everyone staring at me?" Christian asked as everyone chuckles.

After lunch, everyone is building sandcastles. Bryan and Jessie's kids rushed passed them and are laughing uncontrollably.

"What are they up to?" She asked her husband.

He shrugged his shoulders before hearing groaning. They followed it to see a lump in the sand. "Children! What have we told you about burying people!?"

They are digging on their hands and knees. "We are so sorry. Our kids. Christian?"

He is coughing and gasping for air, and spitting sand when his head was dug up. "Help me." he rasped out.

Later, everyone is driving home in a rental van. Christian is snoring contently on Jason's shoulder.

"This is so going on Tik-Tok." Ashley is happily recording them with her phone.

"You guys tired him out. I never thought it would be possible." he said amused.

"Just wait until we go skiing in the winter." Sarah chimed in making Jason chuckle.

"Hear that. There's more to come." he whispered to him, and snoring was his answer.