Family Get-together

Christian meets his mom's side of the family.

"This is your long-lost grandson." Tracy happily introduced Christian to an older man that resembles a biker.

He sniffed him and growled making Christian tremble. "Nice to meet you. What sharp teeth you have. I mean, sparkly white teeth. And how tall how are you? You're a giant." He couldn't help saying for he's the tallest being he's ever encountered. He even surpasses his siblings who are already 6'0-6'5. He must be 7 feet tall if he guessed right.

He glared at him coldly before walking away. "Father." Tracy ran after him.

"That's not good." Jesse said. "Grandpa wolf has never acted like that towards anybody. He was even friendlier towards the vampire half of our family."

Christian stared aghast as his mother and grandfather are arguing with one another.

Later, they are outdoors where the picnic for the Long-tail pack is in full swing. Werewolves are happily conversing as the children play. Christian headed to the buffet table to get his mother more punch, and people evacuated when he arrived.

It's painfully obvious that everyone has been ignoring and avoiding him since his grandfather snubbed him earlier.

On his way back, he spotted Roger and Jacob talking to peers their age that he assumes are their cousins. He made his way over and asked, "Why is everyone treating me like I got the plague?"

"Huh? Did you guys hear something?" Roger asked.

"It must be an annoying little fly that's buzzing in your ear." Jacob chimed in.

Christian pouted. "This annoying little fly is standing right here."

His cousins observed him. "I don't get it. Why would grandpa have a problem with you? You aren't the least bit dangerous."

"Maybe that is the problem. He's too tame."

Roger snorted. "Don't make the same mistake I did. I also thought he was a weakling until he killed that cougar."

They looked at him surprised. "You, killed a cougar?"

"And a few humans." Jacob added making Christian frown.

"It wasn't all me, it was Mr. Hyde." They looked at him funny.

"That's his inner conscious that pops out once in a while. He named him Mr. Hyde. Based off that human's tale. Right now, he's Dr. Jekyll."

"Will you please stop talking as if I'm invisible." Christian is getting frustrated.

That's when one of their aunts clapped her hands. "Can I have everyone's attention?"

Everyone grew silent and looked. "It is time for our annual hunting expedition. Who ever hunts the most impressive game will be crowned this year's champion. Everyone older than eleven, please line up."

That got Jacob and Roger pumped. "Oh yeah. That trophy is ours this year."

Christian made a face. "You mean an animal, or a golden cup?"

They glared at him and he retreated to where his mother is. "Thank you sweetie." She happily took the drink from his hand.

"Is this little guy going to participate?" one of his uncles asked.

Christian shook his head and waved his hands. "No way. My hunting skills are still a work in progress."

His mom put her hand on his shoulder. "Don't be silly. You are more than capable of tracking down an animal. Besides, this could be a great opportunity to get to know a few of your cousins, aunts, and uncles."