Prequel 2

Christian meets Jason when they were kids.

Four-year-old Jason slunk in the grass holding a big rock to defend himself. His short brown hair, jeans, and white t-shirt are dusty as his blue eyes narrow. He caught movement through the tall grass and snuck over before jumping.

The other kids heard yelping before tumbling, and a small figure landed in front of them. His short red hair is messy, and his blue short-sleeve shirt and khaki shorts are also dusty from being in the grass. His honey-colored eyes are swirly from the impact.

A six-year-old fare-skinned girl with long brown hair in a ponytail, brown eyes, and dusty pink dress rushed to his side. "Are you okay?"

The three-year-old red head recovered and stared at her for a moment before smiling and beaming. She hugged him tightly. "You are so cute. And look at those chubby cheeks." She's pinching his cheeks as he winces.

"You shouldn't run to strangers Emma." She sees Jason glaring at the red head.

Emma rolled her eyes. "He is not dangerous. He's a kid like us." Jason growled and is trying to pry her off of him. "Hey, as your older sister you do what I say. And I say leave him alone." Jason ignored her and is hovering over the red head.

"Who are you, and where are the other humans?" the kids behind them stayed hidden but watched from a safe distance.

"Children!" They look to see a group of pale adults coming. Two are women in their mid-twenties one has long black hair and the other has long brown hair and blue eyes.

"Mommy." Emma ran to hug the lady with brown hair.

"Are you all alright?" she asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, but we found a new friend." She looked where Jason is and spotted the little red head.

"Oh my gosh." She pushed Jason aside and reached out to him. "It is alright. I just want to check you." She slowly and gently examined his face and opened his mouth shining a pen flashlight to see better in the dark. She sighed in relief. "It's okay. He's a werewolf."

Everyone but Jason relaxed. "Where's the rest of them? There should be more than one right?' his mother opened her mouth to answer when they heard gunshots in the distance.

"There is no time to wonder about that. We need to take cover." She grabbed them and rushed with the others to a nearby cave where they sealed the entrance and had lanterns lighting the place up, and kneeling down to check on their little guest.

"What is your name, little one? Where are your parents?" the little red head just clapped his hands together happily and smiled at them.

"Stupid." Jason hissed at him and got a glare from his mother.

"Apologize at once. I did not raise you to treat others like that."

He crossed his arms and stood in front of him. "I'm sorry." He said menacingly.

"Jason." His mother is warning him.

"Friend." The red head finally spoke and ran to give Jason a hug. "Friend." He repeated as Jason is trying to push him away.

The adults are awing to the scene. "See? You made a new friend." His mom patted him on the back happily.

Jason is scowling. "I don't want him to be my friend. He stinks, is dirty, bothers, and is a werewolf. We can never be friends." He shoved him to the floor and the red head has tears in his eyes.

"Jason. That wasn't nice. Apologize again, and don't walk away from me young man." His mom went after him, and Emma rushed to the red head's side.

"It's okay. No boo-boos." She is cooing and calming him down. The little red head smiled and sparkled at her warming her heart. "See? Forget my brother. You don't want to hang out with him, he is a meanie." She is helping him stand. "C'mon, let's play." She is tugging him along as the other kids decide to play with them.