Tuxedo

Christian's family's reaction to him wearing a tux.

At the family manor, "Hey Jason. Looking good." Sarah greeted him at the door.

"Thanks." He said as he entered with a boutonniere in his hands. "Is he ready? We don't want to be late."

"He should be, but let's double check." She escorted him to the den where everyone is waiting.

"Oh little brother." Ashley is tapping the door where Christian is changing. "Your date is here." She sang.

"I don't know guys. No offense to dad and John, but I feel like I work at a funeral home in this outfit."

"Christian." Everyone said.

"Okay." He opened the door and stepped out.

Everyone gasped in surprise. Christian looks dazzling in the black tuxedo he's wearing.

"Christian? Wow. You look a lot like dad right now."

Christian narrowed his eyes. "Nope." He was about to head back and change when Jason blocked the door.

"Oh no you don't. This is your friend's wedding. And you're the best man, so deal with it."

Christian pouted as he handed him the boutonniere. "And I think you look dashing." He couldn't help smiling and blushing with the compliment.

Everyone grinned at them. "Fantastic. Now say cheese to the camera." Calvin came out of nowhere with a camera in his hands.

"Dad." Christian whined. "This isn't prom."

"I know, but this is as close as we're going to get to having a photo like this."

Jason wrapped his arm around Christian's neck and pulled him in closer. "Just go with it." He whispered as Calvin snaps as many photos as he can.

"My baby looks so grown up." Tracy is on the verge of tears.

"This is going to be added to the photo album next to the others." Calvin happily said.

Christian looked at his siblings. "Please tell me he's joking."

"Afraid not bro. We were an hour late to prom because he had to take pictures left and right."

He huffed. "If you want my prom photo, I can make a copy."

They looked amused. "Really?"

"Yes. Just be warned, I wore a powder-blue tuxedo."

They sniggered. "Powder-blue. Seriously?"

He flushed in embarrassment. "Shut it. We drew straws and I got the longest one, which you would think it would mean a traditional suit, but no."

They continued chuckling. "Do we dare ask who your date was?"

Jason's hold on him tightened. "I went with Chelsea, but only cause we couldn't find dates. And then she ditched me for a girl in band."
They smirked at him, making him pout again.

"You don't have to worry." Jason said. "You won't be able to shake me off that easy."

Christian rolled his eyes. "Gee, thanks. That's very reassuring."

Jason playfully slapped him before Tracy rushed over to hug him. "My poor baby got stood up!"

"Ugh. Not stood up mom, ditched." He's rasping. She held him tighter as she's trying to comfort him while everyone took their phones out to snap pictures.