Puppy Short 2

Puppy Christian and his furry siblings outside.

 "Have fun. And don't wander too far." Tracy told her litter of puppies as she is letting them play in the enormous backyard of the manor.

Six of the blonde and red pups rushed off in excitement. The red runt of the litter stayed stock still as he tries taking in his new surroundings. The sound of a bird cawing made him rush into the tall luscious green grass.

A red puppy with piercing blue eyes is sniffing around when he notices the grass trembling. He went to investigate and found his immediate older sibling shaking like a leaf and has his paws covering his face. He approached and gently nudged him with his wet nose, and he jumped before running away.

He rushed towards the center of the yard where his furry siblings with sparkling auras are casually lounging around the water fountain made of white plaster. They hear the sound of paws pattering in a hurry before eying their younger sibling. He crashed into them and they flew high in the air before landing in the water. When they popped their heads out, the puppies scowled at the red runt and he is doggy paddling his way out before anymore can be done.

When he jumped off, he landed on his youngest brother. The blonde puppy with blue eyes growled with the soaked runt on top of him, and the little red puppy is running for his life with the youngest on his tail.

A red puppy with honey eyes spotted them and is chasing after them in an attempt to stop the little blonde puppy from bullying the red runt. The red puppy with blue eyes from earlier popped out of the grass and decided to join the chase. The red runt sprinted to where the forest connects to their backyard. Without noticing, runt fell into a gopher hole and slid into their tunnel system.

The blonde puppy with blue eyes barked and snarled as he attempted to go after him, but is too big to fit through the hole. The red puppy with honey eyes woofed through the opening to see if her younger sibling is okay.

There was yapping that turned into yelping before hearing a scuffle taking place below the surface, and the little runt emerged with a colony of gophers after him covered in dirt.

He tripped and landed on his belly as the wild animals surround him, and before he could be a goner, his three rugged siblings charged and nabbed a few with their jaws.

They dropped their prey as the rest of the colony hisses at them, and they growl in retaliation. Before anyone could make a move, the runt's sparkly siblings landed on top a few more rodents and rumbled with their eyes glowing red. After a moment of tense silence, the remaining gophers retreated.

When they turned to check on the sibling they aided, the red runt is beaming as he stares at them with admiration in his little honey-colored eyes. He rushed to them and is jumping up and down in excitement as he gives each of them kisses. Each of them felt pride swelling in their chests.

Just then, their parents and Troy are coming to bring them back inside. "It is time for dinner little ones." Calvin chirped before eyeing the gophers sprawled on the ground. "What has happened?" he stared at them incredulously. "Did you?"

Tracy squealed excitedly before gathering her children in her arms and hugging them. "My babies' first prey. Who's my little hunters? You are." She cooed.

Calvin shook his head while Troy eyes the creatures they dealt with. "At least they exterminated a few of those pesky pests. They've been destroying my flower beds for weeks."