Short 2

Who are the alphas, betas, and omegas in the family?

"So you see, Christian. Alphas are the ones who can take charge of a pack. Betas are more like protectors. They have their alpha's back as well as protect the omegas, and can step in when the alpha is unavailable.

Omegas are, well, they step in when it really counts, but are the least dominant of the pack. Think of them as sheep that needs a shepherd to guide and protect them from harm."

Jesse is educating her long-lost brother on different roles that are in a pack.

"And that counts with us?"

She nodded. "We've got werewolf blood inside of us, so we have our roles as well."

Christian's eyes are twinkling. "Cool. Who is what?"

He stiffened when Jacob placed his hand on his head. "Are you sure you want to know? Can you handle what role everyone is born with?"

Jesse slapped his hand away. "I think he can handle it, besides, he's old enough to know."

Jacob gestured for her to continue, but Christian didn't miss his smug face.

"Let's see, who do we start with? How about starting with the betas, then alphas, then the omega?"

Christian blinked with the last part. "Omega?"

Jacob's grin widened. "Yup. There's only one omega in this family, which is weird given how big our immediate family is."

Jesse pushed him aside. "Let's see, our betas are, Sarah Roger, and Jacob here."

Christian's eyes widened making him laugh. "Didn't expect that, did you?"

"The alphas are John, Ashley, and yours truly." Jesse continued, and

Christian's eyes widened a second time. "Awe. I'm the omega?"

Jacob is howling with laughter. "Are you really that surprised? Did you really think you could be an alpha?"

Christian is blushing while Jesse slapped his arm. "I thought you were all alphas and I could be a beta." He waved his hand. "What about my nieces and nephews? Aren't any of them omegas?"

Jesse smiled sheepishly while Jacob tries containing himself. "Sorry bro, but no such luck. They are a mixture of alphas and betas."

He's pouting. She put her hand on his shoulder tenderly. "It doesn't mean we love you any less."

He patted her hand. "Thanks sis." His phone buzzed. "Better get going. Jason's waiting for me."

"Yup. Go to your alpha. Even if he is a zombie." Jacob teased.

"Seriously!?" Christian asked exasperated.