Puppy Short 4

Puppy Christian is feeling under the weather.

A wet washcloth was placed on top of the little runt's head as he whined softly.

"My poor baby." Tracy said tearfully.

Calvin held her in his arms. "Please don't fret, my darling. He's going to be fine. Right Troy?"

"Statically speaking, 60% of runts don't survive within." He stopped speaking with the look Calvin was giving him as Tracy began sniffling. "I mean, of course he'll be fine. Let me contact a supernatural pediatrician to check on him."

He left and Calvin is guiding Tracy out. "Let him rest for a moment while we get everything needed." She nodded before reluctantly leaving with the door cracked open.

Across the hall, six blonde and red puppies are going about their business when the faint sound of whimpering caught their attention.

They gathered at the door to find it sealed. The red puppy with blue eyes is scratching underneath the door along with the youngest brother. The others are sniffing around before a red puppy with honey eyes found a vent. She clawed at it, feeling how loose it is. The others ran over to help and pushed hard enough to knock it down.

They entered in a single line as they navigate their way through the metal labyrinth. At first, the only sounds made were the pitter-patter of their paws. Then they heard a familiar whimper. After following it, they push down another vent cover and found the red runt lying on the over-sized bed.

They barked as they made their way over to him. The bed dipped as the puppies rush to their brother's side. The stoic blonde puppy nudged the red runt as he continued whining. The blonde puppy with honey eyes is giving him kisses.

"The pediatrician said to keep him as cool as possible until he arrives." Troy, Calvin, and Tracy entered to find the red runt's siblings scattered on the bed.

"How the heck did you trouble makers get here?" Troy asked incredulously as their parents rushed to them.

"Let your brother rest, so he can get better." Tracy told them as they try picking them up, but the puppies are eluding their grasp.

"Children." Calvin pleaded.

The puppies decided to try a new tactic as they huddle close to their runt sibling and are growling and barking at them as a warning.

"This is unexpected." Troy stated.

"Kids." Tracy reached out to them but pulled back when they attempted to bite her.

"If you don't calm down, I'll be forced to hypnotize you all." Calvin warned. They didn't listen as they continued growling at their parents. "You asked for it." He said as he narrowed his eyes at them.

Sometime later, "Give him two drops a day. One in the morning, and one at night. Keep him hydrated and cool, and he should feel better in a few days."

"Thank you doctor." Calvin shook hands with him.

When the pediatrician left, "Thank heavens." Tracy sighed in relief.

Calvin smiled. "I told you he would be fine."

Troy entered the room. "The others are resting peacefully, and I made sure to close off any means of escape."

"Excellent."

"Are we being too harsh?" Tracy asked. "They were just protecting their kin."

Calvin sighed. "I know my love. However, we had to take action in orders to give him the medical attention he needed."

She frowned. "Why do I get the feeling something like this will happen in the future?"

Calvin smiled a bit. "Whether it does or not. We shall handle our children, together." They held hands as they observe the red runt sleeping soundly as he snores away.