Dancing 1

Christian and his siblings prepare for an upcoming dance.

Sarah, Jesse, and Ashley are eyeing their brothers. "So, who do you want as a dance partner for this year's sibling dance?" Sarah asked.

Jesse hummed. "I am not sure. I love them all, but Roger and Jacob have two left feet, John is as stiff as a board, and I am not sure about Christian. Does he even know how to dance? Could he learn in time?"

Ashley grinned. "I'll take Christian." Her sisters noticed the mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

"Ashley." Sarah warned.

"What? I think he would be okay if he followed my lead." She pictures herself twirling him around as he yells for help.

Sarah playfully slapped her arm. "Be serious." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "We go through this every year. Why is that?"

At that moment their father called out to them. "My darling daughters! The gowns have arrived!" they all grunted.

"That's why." Sarah was reminded.

Jesse sighed with her arms crossed. "Why does he torture us with these events? Is it a vampire thing, or does he just get a kick out of dressing us up and making us go to these shenanigans?"

"Girls!" their father is waving at them. "Your mother and Troy are waiting! And let me know which of your brothers are escorting you, so we can pick out attire as well!" they notice Jacob, Roger, and John stiffen while Christian tilted his head in confusion.

Sarah chuckled. "At least we know the feeling is mutual. Except maybe Christian."

Ashley rubbed her hands with a smirk. "The poor runt has no clue what awaits him." Jesse and Sarah looked at her sternly. "Don't look at me like that. I promise to behave."

Sometime later, the girls are trying on gowns while Christian, John, and Roger are trying on suits. Jacob is sitting down grinning. "Stop smiling or I will slap it off your ugly mug of a face." Roger threatened.

Jacob just sat back and relaxed. "Are you upset cause I was spared this time and not you?" he got in his face wearing a beige suit and growled.

Christian is struggling to get his tie right, but failing. "Stupid thing." he jumped but relaxed when John grabbed it.

"Hold still." He instructed as he tied it perfectly. "All done. And it matches your navy-blue suit."

Christian blushed shyly. "Thanks. And your black suit looks nice." He said as the new suit looks like the ones his eldest brother normally wears.

John frowned. "These events are very stifling."

Christian blinked in surprise. "Wait, you don't like these kinds of events?"

He stared at him. "It isn't the event itself that I resent. It's the dancing, singing, playing instruments, and on rare occasions, acting. Those I hate doing."

Christian gaped. "How could you hate those? Shouldn't that be the fun parts of an event?" he bristled in fright with the glare he gave him.

"Fun? Why would you even use that term? Vampires are required to learn these skills in order to charm and entertain others. There is no such thing as fun. Especially when growing up with those dreadful lessons."

"John." Christian started but John put his hand out to silence him.

"I may not know what the humans have taught you, but please don't push any further or you'll anger me." He turned around. "Excuse me." he retreated to change back into his normal attire.